help...cant get any sleep!

Reena

Reaction score
Hi everyone :hug:

Im havin a pretty rough time lately, my baby boy is 4 and a half months and he's started sleeping less at night. Ive started him on cereal late evening with BM and now some fruit stuff in the afternoonish time, and he doesnt have any formula, just BM, he still wakes up around 2-3 times and I thought the solids would help.

I dont know whether I should give him formula before bed..or increase solids..any ideas? please help..

could he be going through a growth spurt? that could be why he is more restless. wanting more milk.

Are you sure he is warm enough at nights. Was talking to a colleague the other day and we both found that our LO were waking again during the night because they were getting too cold. Despite it being August, we are now in sleep suits and a 2.5 Tog grobag. Another possible cause is he teething? In which case teething powders before bed may help. They also tend to have a growth spurt around this age as well.

Thx Il try the grobag, his hands are pretty cold when he wakes, but he seems to wolf down BM when offered too, so dunno, what type of grobag is best? he has eczema flareups with any other stuff except for cotton!

I found that Ellie wants a feed if she wakes up too much. Provide she stays in relatively deep sleep she sleeps through, but if she wakes too much she then realises she is hungry / thirsty and wants a feed.

As to which Grobag I had a Mama's and Papas 0-6months one initially, which was good. I then had a Mothercare winnie the pooh one (6-18months) and bought a cheap one from TK Maxx as a second one (handy if your LO is sick / has a nappy explosion during the night). The TK Maxx one, although the same tog officially doesn't feel as warm to me. However this is quite handy as it helps fine tune the warmth she gets dependant on the temperature. Given that you use them on top of vests / sleep suits it might not matter too much?

Forgot to add, if you get cold you body needs to burn more fuel to warm youself up, hence he will be hungrier if he isn't warm enough.

Nicky_Jones said:
Are you sure he is warm enough at nights. Was talking to a colleague the other day and we both found that our LO were waking again during the night because they were getting too cold. Despite it being August, we are now in sleep suits and a 2.5 Tog grobag. Another possible cause is he teething? In which case teething powders before bed may help. They also tend to have a growth spurt around this age as well.

It's funny you should mention that but the past two nights DS has been in a 2.5 tog grobag with fleecy pjs and has slept loads better! Before he was in a 1 tog and sleepsuit and waking every couple of hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back