help..... 2yr old drivin me crazy

Huddsgirl

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone could help or has been through the same situation.
My lil girl is 2 yrs old and since birth she has never really slept through the night, we will get the occasional week where she may sleep through.
She goes to bed at seven and some milk then she usually sleeps to about 2 in the morning and then we are awoken by her screaming. we will go down a couple of times to settle her (like giving her a dummy and changing nappy if need to) but this will continue for an hour or longer.
i watch all these programmes and they say if she is not in pain just leave her cry and she should stop but the thing is she doesnt......... she screams its not even winging its proper screaming at two in the morning .
its quite frustrating as we want another baby but we dont know if we can put up with more broken sleeps.
can anybody suggest anything or been through the smae situation.
any input would be greatful
txs katy
x

Thats a tough one. I know Sarah (braydons mum) i having a hard time, he is about the same age and not sleeping.

What you were saying about the crying, having done controlled crying, you need to go back in every 5 mins and comfort her but not say anything. Maybe when you get her up for a bottle or bum change she is getting too over stimulated.

I honestly dont know, im guessing. I hope somebody can leave you something more helpfull :hug:

sorry i not quite there yet with willow but you say she is waking up screaming could it be night terrors?

well i thought it would be night terrors aswell... cause some times she will be shouting random stuff....like 'my bike' or 'teddy' but this will happen every other night. and when we do change her nappy and go to settle her we will just say bed time we wont over excite her or turn on the lights to disturb her.

My Aimee still doesn't sleep well. She 21 months and has been like that since she was around 6 months. If I hadn't got caught accidently so early on with Nathan there no way I'd of had another baby. Aimee was definatly enough to put me off. We did the controlled crying at 12 months which did improve things but she still wakes up screaming at least once every night. I can't leave her to cry now either cos she share a bedroom and I don't want her waking Nathan. Alls I can suggest is controlled crying! Other than that I don't know cos I'm still there myself. Sorry!

Hi, i went through the same with my first child, we tried everything we thought it may have been the fact that he hated the cot so we put him in a cotbed, we left landing light on thinking he was scared of the dark but nothing worked, my haspand ended up puting a stair gate up on his door and doing the going back every 5 mins, it was hard it would go on for hours! i used to cry my heart out sat at the bottom of the stair listening, but i think he soon clocked on that it was bed time, he was nearly 3 before he slep through! Now he is near 7 and i struggle to get him out of bed, it does not last forever. My 4th child is 7 months and is just like my first so i am looking forward to going through it all again!
I think you should go and speak to the health visitor, i know mine was really good when i had a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back