Hello!

taika

Reaction score
I've been meaning to make a hello post since, oooooh, January, but with one thing and another I haven't actually done it. I'm a bit shy, sorry :oops:

Anyway, it's been lovely seeing how everyone is here for each other and getting to know you all. I'm English but living in Finland so it's been good to hear what everyone's going through in a language I understand! Most people in Finland speak at least some English but I've still found it tough going understanding everything that's going on. I think it balances out though - Finland has great maternity benefits and my employer has to keep my job available for three years if I want to stay gone that long! It's very tempting...

I'm now 32.2 weeks, so not long left. Three more weeks of work and then some PJ time until my LO arrives! She's due September 6th but I'm really expecting her to be late. Don't tell her that though or she'll pop out early to surprise me.

But anyway, that's enough natter from me for now. Hello to you all and talk to you soon :hug:

Hi and welcome :wave:

I'm due on the 3rd as decided by my doctor but my true due date (according to ovulation dates) is the 6th too. What a great policy that means your job has to be kept open for 3 years :D

Hello to all of you! :wave:

Mildly, I wonder which of our LOs will be born first! It's nice to know someone at exactly the same stage of the countdown :)

Mildly said:
What a great policy that means your job has to be kept open for 3 years :D

I know, it's brilliant isn't it! Every new mum also gets sent all this to get her started:

http://www.kela.fi/in/internet/english. ... enDocument

(Suddenly the really high taxes seem worth it :D)

I love the fact the box it comes in is baby's first bed, and the pack includes condoms and lubricant! :lol:

Wow, I wish I lived in Finland :shock: All those clothes are lovely :D

And you get given a box you can put your baby in :rotfl:

WOW! I'm off to Finland ladies!! :lol:

Congratulations on your little girl! :cheer: I'm glad you posted to introduce yourself, it's always great to have a newbie on the scene to celebrate countdowns with etc :D

Looking forward to getting to know you :hug: xxx

Hello taika :wave:
Wishing you a happy and comfy final part of your pregnancy, very best wishes :hug:

Thanks everyone!

You're all very welcome to pop over to Finland any time for a nice cup of tea and a natter :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back