Hello :)

aliiice

Reaction score
Hi, thought I'd introduce myself, as I have been lurking on here a while! I'm 34 and I've been TTC for 2 years now. My partner has borderline low sperm count and I'm in the middle of various trips to the doctors for cycle monitoring/blood tests. Need to have a tubal patency test this month too.

Am feeling a bit down about things at the moment as I have just got my period today :( The investigations seem to be taking forever without any conclusions being drawn. Hopefully the doctor will be able to recommend something in a month or so after all the results are back but if nothing shows up as being 'wrong' I don't know what they can suggest?

So many of my friends are currently pregnant or have recently had babies and I don't know anyone who has had problems TTC. My partner is more laid back about it than me and says 'it'll happen when it happens' - but I know this isn't necessarily the case.

It's also really difficult for me to get any time off work. I haven't told my boss the situation and don't really want to. But I can't keep on asking for time off to go to the hospital/docs.

Anyway, sorry for whinging! It's nice to find a forum where people are in the same position. Thanks for listening :)

Hi Aliiice! Really similar position. We've been trying 2 years now as well. Am trying soooo hard to stay up beat because i think i'd get proper depression if i let it swallow me up.

I got my letter today from the fertility clinic with the date of my next appointment in Dec and it's when i'm supposed to be at a conference in London. The only three days in the whole of December i cant do and its smack in the middle. But i know i cant miss it, if i do you get pushed to the bottom of the pile again and it's another 3 months. How the hell do i explain to my boss that i cant go? I really dont want to tell the truth.

But it's great we have others we can chat to, so that's something. Every month you have to keep believing! xxx

Hiya Alice :)

You seem to be at the same place as a few of us.

I have my cd 5 test tomorrow, oh and rubella, and then i'm just waiting for results for me and hubby before we get referred.

I'm sure they have a solution for just about every fertility issue by now, even when there is a lack of an issue, so try not to worry :hug:

I'm going to stick you on the roll call thread, so hope you don't mind ;)

Last edited:
awww Alice, welcome to the forum!

You are in the same situation as all of us on here in this section and we are all here for you if you need a chat hunni

Donna x

Hi Alice, welcome to the board.

I can imagine that going for tests & things can be awkward to coordinate with work. Could you just say that it's a hospital appointment, without going into it in any more detail? Some of the people I work with must think I have terrible teeth because whenever I need to take a day off for something I say it's the dentist. :lol:

Hi Alice, welcome to the board.

I can imagine that going for tests & things can be awkward to coordinate with work. Could you just say that it's a hospital appointment, without going into it in any more detail? Some of the people I work with must think I have terrible teeth because whenever I need to take a day off for something I say it's the dentist. :lol:

They must think you have a mouthful of fillings :):) or you have a set of false teeth lol

Just say you need to go to the hospital, you don;t have to explain now and why you are going there...

Donna x

Hi, thanks for all your replies. It's nice to know there are people who understand out there. I am telling my boss it's a 'hospital' appointment without going into detail but I just don't know how much longer I can give no more info... I don't really want to lie about it either, as I'm a terrible liar and she' see straight through me! Really hope there are some suggestions from all our doctors on the horizon.

Does anybody know anyone diagnosed with 'unexplained infertility' who has been given any treatment? I almost think it would be easier to find something wrong, so there is something to fix!

Does anybody know anyone diagnosed with 'unexplained infertility' who has been given any treatment? I almost think it would be easier to find something wrong, so there is something to fix!

My friend was unexplained for about 5 years and then they finally figured out she had a low number of eggs probably due to her age - she must have been about 33 at that time.

She had IVF and is now 35 and about to be induced tomorrow :dance:

Last edited:
Hi Alice, welcome to the forum!
I know the feeling re making excuses at work... I say I have hospital appointments, but my boss doesn't know what they're all for. He said recently that if I was a horse, I'd be put down, with all these doctors appointments! :-s Luckily it was in jest :)
Best of luck on you ttc journey Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back