hello to third trimester and Sore ribs

Salad

Reaction score
Hello - this is my first week in the third trimester group - one step closer to meeting my baby, about which I'm very excited!

I also wanted to ask about sore ribs: over the past few weeks I've been experiencing increasing pain in my ribs, not all the time, but pretty much every day. At first I thought it was to do with getting new bras, perhaps wit hthe elastic in a slightly different place, but it's been getting more severe regardless of what bra I wear (or not). It's usually most painful round the back (I keep saying ribs - I guess it could be lungs), though the front is also a bit painful.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice?

hello and welcome :D

the pain might be the baby because the LO getting bigger it may be pushing everything up and gettin under your ribs, this happened to me, its very painful!
if its not this you should ask your MW

charlotte x

I'm not in third tri yet but what kind of pain do you mean, does it feel like they are possibly being pushed up by baby? or is it sharp stabbing type pain?

Thanks for your replies. After posting, I did a bit of research on the Internet, and it would seem as though it's the pain of the LO growing and making more space for herself. It's not a stabbing pain, just very uncomfortable.

I read that it can be helpful to stretch your arms above your head, or to lean forwards against a wall with your arms above you - and it does help but only temporarily.

I guess most of the time it's easy enough to put up with the aches and pains of having a baby, just so long as I can understand what they are - this pain scared me a little because I wasn't sure, but I think you're right (I just wish it wasn't so uncomfortable!!)

I was the same, was even admitted to hozzie @ 32 weeks with chest pains..they had to rule out a blood clot but it was we think due to baby being so high up under ribs.

I found using a wheat bag that heats up in microwave, like a hot water bottle, really helped ease the pain

I can sympathise, its horrid :hug:

Welcome to the 3rd tri.....i had this too.....baby making more room for all the growing s/he will do in your tum.....I found braless was more comfy......i don't get this much anymore (unless I stay in one position for tooooo long), so it will ease hun :hug:

Thanks for your welcomes, the tips and for the wonderful news that this pain will get better with time - THANK GOODNESS! It does seem to be better the more that I move, so I guess it's a good idea to remember not to site in one position for too long.

Thanks again... :angel:

I've got this too, like a sore band under my boobies. I agree that it can be more comfortable to go braless as even maternity bras seem to cut into the skin. My baby is sitting very high up and I can feel him tickling me just below the breastbone. I'm looking forward to when he drops into engaged position as I will be in less discomfort and be able to breathe again. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back