hello! question please!

trixipaws

Reaction score
hey! :wave: i feel like the class dunce with a pointy hat on in here! :lol: but i think i'm starting to understand about the temperatures, basically if your temp goes up one degree ur ovulating, right? i'v been reading this in the sticky:

How do I chart my basal body temperature?
Your BBT is taken first thing in the morning before getting out of bed, after a minimum of three consecutive hours of sleep. Your temperature should be taken at about the same time every morning, preferably within an hour or so. It is usually taken orally, but can be taken vaginally. By charting your BBT’s you can determine if you’ve ovulated and how long your luteal phase is. Temperature ranges very tremendously but are typically between 96.5 - 97.5 before ovulation and 97.5 - 98.6 after ovulation. The high levels of estrogen causes the temperatures to be low before ovulation. Following ovulation, progesterone levels rise causing temperatures to rise as well.

What is better - a glass or digital thermometer?
Either thermometer is acceptable to use as long as it is a basal thermometer and not a fever thermometer. Digital thermometers measure to the one-tenth degree whereas most fever thermometers measure in two-tenth degree increments. Glass thermometers must be kept in for 5 minutes, digital thermometers will give a reading in one minute. If you are getting erratic temperatures with digital you may want to compare them to a glass thermometer, since the glass thermometer can be more reliable.

well i stayed at my parents' the nite before last and stayed in my lil sister's room. found a thermometer- its digital- says "domotherm" and "TH1" on the front and the label on back says "maximum thermometer". when i switch it on it starts at 35.5 and goes up by 0.1 until it beeps at my temp. is this the right kind? i can post a piccy if u like??? :)

it seemed like a lot of faffing at first but i need to do this even before i start ttc as im using nfp in the mean time, which is fundamentally the same principles. checking temp in the morning cant be that hard :D
still cant follow the charts tho :think:

that sounds like the right thermometer to me!

i thought it was a loads of faffing too and did give up halv way through my first cycle. but decided to start charting again. it helps me to stay focused and does give you a really good idea of all the happens of TTC.

usually OV is three rises in temp (correct me if im wrong ladies). best to join Fertiity friend, it shows your cycle in a calendar! some where to add you temps.

It's best to get one that measures to 2 decimal places.
ANd sign up for Fertility friend - it helps you make sense of it all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back