Hello and help!

NickTB

Reaction score
Hi all.

First post, so hello.. !

Can I get some advice please? my partner is nearly 12 weeks gone, and is getting into a bit of a state. We have the first scan next week, but she doesn't FEEL pregnant? She say's she is worried as nobody has "officially" told her.. She obviously is pregnant (Two pregnancy tests, no periods, cravings, sickness etc etc)

Is this normal? Has anybody else had these doubts before? I just want to put her mind at rest.

Thanks!

Nick

Hiya Nick! And welcome to Pregnancy Forum :wave:

What your wife is experiencing is entirely normal. The first trimester is a weird one because the health services dont really take much notice (unless you are at risk in any way) until the second trimester. So its very easy yo feel like your not pregnant as there is almost no rcognition of it until the 12 week scan.

Also, she has so many hormones flying around everywhere that her emotions will be all over the place so she will feel or not feel different things all the time.

I would just try to reassure her and both look forward to your 12 week scan next week as its a magical time and most ladiess will agree, the first time she will probably relax and start to enjoy her pregnancy as up until this point, it can be very unpleasant with sickness and the worry about possible miscarriage etc. The 12 week scan should hopefully put all that in the past and she can look forward to a happy 2nd tri where her bump will start to grow and she will definitely feel preggers then!!

You should get her to join this forum. I was completely clueless with my first pregnancy and this forum helped me loads. I have made some good friends on here too - its an excellent place to get reassurance and speak to ladies who are experiencing exactly the same as you.

I hope that helps!

:hug:

Thanks for the quick reply!

I suppose it's understandable that she/we would be worried.. It's a weird time all round really!

She's viewing this from her work, so she may well join yet. This would be her first forum!!

Nick

NickTB said:
Thanks for the quick reply!

I suppose it's understandable that she/we would be worried.. It's a weird time all round really!

She's viewing this from her work, so she may well join yet. This would be her first forum!!

Nick

Oh yeah its completely understandable! This is my second and Im still worried!

Its my first (and only) forum too! We're not cyber geeks on here or anything!! :lol:

:D I know! I subscribe to a fair few... Incredibly helpful places, most of them!

Oh, and she has just asked me to say thank you, she can't log on from work as they don't know yet.

Oh, and she's also crying! Emotional stuff this pregnancy lark!! :shock:

Give her a big :hug: from us all.....

As my friends all told me, you worry yourself to death during the first trimester, awaiting your 12 week scan.

You then move to the 2nd trimester and worry until you have the 20 week scan.

When you move to the 3rd trimester you start worrying about labour.

Once they are born you will worry about your child for the rest of your life!!

So I think its a case of getting used to being a worrier in one way or another from the moment you conceive!!!

I do think the worrying stops a little once you have the 12 week scan, it also becomes very real when you see your baby moving around for the 1st time!!

Enjoy your scan next week, and make sure you come back and let us know how it went :D

I'm coming up to my first scan with baby number 4 and I can honestly say that with all my babies I have sat in the waiting room before the scan worrying that it's all in my head and I'm going to get into trouble for wasting their time!! Sounds stupid but you do doubt yourself, even though you have all the evidence!!

That goes as soon as you see that incredible picture on the screen! Big congratulations and let us know how it goes!

NickTB said:
Oh, and she has just asked me to say thank you, she can't log on from work as they don't know yet.

Oh, and she's also crying! Emotional stuff this pregnancy lark!! :shock:

Aw bless her! SHe is very welcome! She should deffo come join us - sounds like she would fit right in!! :D

Ha ha I think she would!

(Plus I could get to watch football without having to watch "The Baby Channel"!!)

:wall: :) :) :)

Awww bless her :hug: I agree with all the others have said too :hug:

Hope she can come join us - this place has helped me so much throughout my last pregnancy, when I was worrying about everything when Brody was tiny and here we go again :lol:
Everyone is so friendly and helpful :hug: :hug: :hug:

NickTB said:
Ha ha I think she would!

(Plus I could get to watch football without having to watch "The Baby Channel"!!)

:wall: :) :) :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: You sound like my husband!!!!!

like the girls have said everything she is feeling is normal and if she wants some of my morning sickness I will post it to her :lol:

the emotional thing I have just posted about..... im so hormonal at the min its unreal!!! and again ive been told this is all normal!! I cried the other night cause I didnt want French fries!! my oh doesn't know what to do with me :lol: just lots of cuddles!!!

I was worried cause my Dr didnt even confirm my pregnancy just told me congrats and to make my midwife booking in appointment!! and I was thinking this is all in my head until I feel sick again and look at the 10 positive preg tests I have done :lol:

tell her to get herself on the forum, I honestly dont know where I would be without my girls on here!!! they are such a big help!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

MrsBrightside said:
like the girls have said everything she is feeling is normal and if she wants some of my morning sickness I will post it to her :lol:

the emotional thing I have just posted about..... im so hormonal at the min its unreal!!! and again ive been told this is all normal!! I cried the other night cause I didnt want French fries!! my oh doesn't know what to do with me :lol: just lots of cuddles!!!

I was worried cause my Dr didnt even confirm my pregnancy just told me congrats and to make my midwife booking in appointment!! and I was thinking this is all in my head until I feel sick again and look at the 10 positive preg tests I have done :lol:

tell her to get herself on the forum, I honestly dont know where I would be without my girls on here!!! they are such a big help!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

It's just like talking to her!! did another test this morning cos she just wasn't sure! :)

THEN had a bit of spotting this morning :( but according to everyone I have spoken to, it can be seen as normal? Anyway, I'm pretty sure she will be along later to tell you all what's going on!!

Oh and THANKS to everyone for your words of encouragement. Means a lot to us both. :clap:

And believe me, with two weeks left till the footie starts, this site may just be a blessing!! :wink:
:dance:

NickTB said:
It's just like talking to her!! did another test this morning cos she just wasn't sure! :)

THEN had a bit of spotting this morning :( but according to everyone I have spoken to, it can be seen as normal? Anyway, I'm pretty sure she will be along later to tell you all what's going on!!

Oh and THANKS to everyone for your words of encouragement. Means a lot to us both. :clap:

And believe me, with two weeks left till the footie starts, this site may just be a blessing!! :wink:
:dance:

:lol: you sound just like my OH with the footie!! :lol:

I have a pile of positive tests that I keep looking at in the hope that it will sink in :lol: and then the sickness comes back and thats quite a good clue :lol:

yeah if you read some of the posts in here the spotting is quite normal so try not to worry (easier said then done I know)

relax and enjoy it and your time together!!

Hi, i think your wife is normal thinking everything is not normal (if that makes sense) :think:

congratualtions, and i can vouch for the ladies on this forum for being there when you're upset/worried/confused etc. It makes a difference having others there to bounce your thoughts off.
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back