Question

Yvonne

Reaction score
Sorry to butt in.

My friend is 11 weeks pregnant and she still hasn't heard off the midwife for booking in and bloods etc.

Am i right in thinking that she should have seen them at 8 weeks ish (i can't remember with Jack)

She has rang them 4 times and each time they say they will get a midwife to ring her etc and they never do, she is nearly ready for her first scan! :shock:

Its good job she had no problems i.e spotting or pains cos they didn't even have her on record! :shakehead:

Thanks

I think midwives all vary about the first time the see people.
Mine said she doesnt normally see people until they are about 9 weeks, but i havent heard anything yet and i will be 9 weeks by the end of this week, i have tried calling her but the receptionists just tell me they have left a message for her to call me back and she never does.

So who knows, i think they just call when they are ready.

Unhelpful i know, i'm sorry.

i went to the doctors at 8 weeks and told them i was pregnant. From that the dr sent off for a scan appointment at the hospital. i got a little card thing through the post with my scan date on it for 11+5 weeks and someone had already written in an appointment date for a midwife on the next scheduled appointment, i didnt get to see my midwife until 12+5 weeks, so a week after my first scan and almost a month after i told the doctor i was pregnant.
Hope this helped your friend Yvonne :D

thanks for those replies.

She is worrying as she had alot of problems with her son, she is only sz 6 in clothes so is tiny so pregnancy took its toll on her body.
She wants to know that if anything happens she has the support there but they don't even know who she is yet!

Also she had cancerous cells removed not so long ago off her cervix and got told she is at a high risk of miscarriage!! so that is playing on her mind.

Suppose its just job to them :roll:

im not seeing my mw until 12 weeks, that will be my booking in appt with her. hope she gets i sorted, tell her to be persistant with them, mine seemed to have a count yourself lucky attitude that i was getting to see them at 12 weeks. x

If she is at risk hun she should push it! Tell them she needs to see someone now! say shes having slight pain too they might hurry!

I agree with joanne, My first appointment wasn't due until i was 14 weeks, no MW contact or scan until that day....unfortunately I didn't make it, lost my baby at 11 weeks.. they had no records for me.. no bloods.. no number for records...my poor mum had to give them all my personal details as they prepared me for theatre.. not an ideal situation for an already worried loved one...... :roll: sorry Ranting! :lol: But next time!!! fingers crossed i have a next time... :pray: I will be telling lies or doing what ever i can to ensure i get an earlier appointment and they know who i am. :shock: :wink: :fib: :rotfl: I think i will feel better for it.

Does that help? or am i just moaning? :think: :shock: :rotfl: :wave: Lv Yvonne xxx

definately persist, its your friends right to receive the proper care and attention and if she is worrying then she should have her mind put at rest. x

Hi

Out here they say have an appointment before 12 weeks but every place is different.
Katrina

i've forgotton loads of stuff too! you're a good friend Yvonne :hug:

She rang me today, apparently the midwife is coming to her on Tuesday.

Here they come about 8 weeks to fill your book in etc with you.

She is now 11+ weeks! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back