Hellish Night - Bleeding :(

DebbieM

Reaction score
I went to bed last night at midnight and woke up an hour later feeling a bit wet and sticky. I went to the bathroom and found that I was bleeding.

I immediately panicked. This isn't the first time I have bled, but it is the worst that I have had. I've had slight cramps and twinges for the past couple of days so that added with the bleeding sent me in to an absolute frenzy. I had diarrhea, was almost sick and was shaking uncontrollably - shock I think. There were some small clots too.

OH tried to remain as positive as possible but we had an awful night. We called the EPU again and they asked if I had soaked a pad, which I hadn't - nowhere near (in fact I am still wearing the same one this morning as there is nothing on it). They said to monitor it for an hour. After an hour the bleeding had faded off again - just like it has every other time, but the twinges remained.

EPU said that you need to worry when the clots are half the size of your palm and the pain is bad enough to take pain killers and you're soaking pads every hour or so. All of these things are things that I do not have right now so I'm trying to remain positive. They can't get me in for a re-assurance scan until next Tuesday due to Bank Holiday etc, but I do have my 12 week scan very soon.

Has anyone else around 10-12 weeks (I'm 11+1 today) experienced these cramps and twinges? I've not had cramps since around 7 weeks so this is odd to me. I don't know if the other "pains/twinges" are ligament stretching pains.

Anyone? :cry:

Don't really know what to say but didn't want to read and run, but to me you haven't had any of the symptoms the EPU have told you to look out for. Try to get as much rest as possible and any concerns maybe just go straight to A&E or EPU.

Really hope everything is alright and you are feeling better soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I would get back onto them for sure. I know you said that your not soaking a pad but if it was on your thighs it must have been quite a bit hun. And there were clots so I think I'd be tempted to ring them and say that the bleeding was worse than it is and try and get a scan done.

Does that sound bad? :?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

One thing I forgot to mention in my first post was that the nurse at the EPU told us that sometimes it can seem like there is more blood than there actually is when you stand up. This is because the blood pools in the cervix so when you stand up it's like a gush, which is what appears to have happened. The EPU weren't worried and I have had 3 scans previously for bleeding (6, 8 and 9 weeks) and all were fine.

I called the midwifes voicemail at 6.30am and they get back to you within 24 hours but in the meantime I have called and made an appointment with a doctor at my local surgery just to see what they have to say. As I say, my scan is imminent so I don't want to go mad today especially as the EPU literally cannot see me for a week.

Sorry this is happening, it must be awful for you.

I agree with the others, get back on the phone to EPU and insist on a scan, you need to get this checked out. Am sure its all ok as the bleeding doesn't sound too heavy but just for your peace of mind you should get a scan. (although perhaps try and take some comfort from the fact that EPU don't sound too concerned - which means the baby is probably fine and its just one of those unexplained bleeds that so many women seem to get in tri 1).

Put your feet up today and try not to worry.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Im sorry hunny

But i would not take any risks and i would demand they see you today they always have appointments free for things like this.

It just might be that you will bleed throughout your pregnancy

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I think I am going to be one of these that bleeds throughout. The EPU literally can't see me but as I said, my scan is coming up very, very soon ;)

The bleeding has subsided now. There is very little brown blood now and only when I wipe..

It sounded like a really frightening night. I'm glad things have subsided though and gt my fingers crossed that all stays pleasantly boring till your scan. When is you scan booked?

Oh what a terrible night you both had. I'm glad that it seems to be stopping now. Try to relax and keep up up to date on how you are feeling. xxx

It sounds terrifying! I'm glad that the bleeding has eased up and I hope that everything is ok. I think you should park yourself in bed and get some rest :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi again all.

Well, we decided to take a trip to A & E just to see what they said. They seem very positive that the amount of bleeding I have had and the fact that I scaled my pain on a 2/3 out of 10 (and trust me - I have a low pain threshold). MY BP was ok, my pulse a little high but I do suffer from white coat syndrome. My temp was fine too.

I feel a bit better than I did. The doctor spoke to us for ages and said that it doesn't sound like I am miscarrying and told us to basically go home and forget about it. She said that if it was a mis-carriage then there would be a lot of blood and generally big clots and unbearable pain.

I'm holding out for my scan so fingers crossed!

It sounds as though you have had a very stressful night. I really hope everything is ok, I am thinking of you :hug:

how annoying bleeding and not knowing whats happening...

Easier said then done to not worry but maybe try and busy yourself until next week. Go out for dinner, go to friends house, pamper yourself try not to worry about it...

Some women do have periods throughout... Normally bleeding occurs when u should have a period. try not to worry hon

xx

It's close to the time I would usually have had a period, but I bleed almost every week now. This has just been the worst one yet and the first time it has been accompanied by any type of pain.

Our scan is very, very close so won't need to wait til next week. Don't you worry. (I'm not saying when it is as I've kept it as a surprise from my sis and you never know... she might read here) ;)

I would really suggest you put ur feet up, just get hubs to make cups of tea, no housework and if ur working have a few days off...

I reccomend tea and jaffacakes :)

:hug:

what we gonna do with ya ?! big hugs chick xx

oh and i been getting cramps again this week , thinking baby is runnin out of room and needs to pop outa my pelvis lol

:hug: I hope you're feeling OK now and the scan shows everything to be fine. Everything crossed here for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back