can you scan before 12 weeks??

Suzie

Reaction score
Hi there, i'm a new kid to the site! i'm 7 weeks pregnant and have never been so paranoid and worried in my life! i've had a few period pain like cramps earlier on but no bleeding whatsoever. The cramps are now gone. I've only got little twinges which i'm told are normal. My boobs were sore up until yesterday but not now! i was sick this morning. Am i able to have a scan before the standard 12 week one just so i can put my mind at ease and relax a bit or am i just being overly paranoid?!

Thank you! x

They will only scan you if you are having bleeding with pain really or seriously worrying symptoms. Not sure if you can pay for a private scan so early?

i had a scan at 7 weeks because i was unsure of my last period date, so my doc sent me to the early pregnancy clinic at the local hosp for a scan, (they scan you up to 14 wks here at the E.P.C)

you could see its heartbeat so it was very reassuring for me.

talk to your doc/midwife.

good luck.

welcome to the world of pregnancy suzie.... I have all the funny symtoms you are describing, infact i still have period pains now. I just think as long as I am not bleeding I am fine.

I had a scan at 8 weeks as I had hyperemis (bad sickness) and they thought i might be carrying twins :shock: lucky I only have one little fella in there :dance: hehe

hope you start feeling better hun and try not to worry about so much. xxx

Hi all, thanks very much for your replies. I'll try to relax and just hopefully will be able to wait patiently for the proper 10/12 weeks scan!
Thanks again!
xx

Hi Suzie i found out i was pregnant at 5 weeks and had scan at 6 weeks then one at 9 weeks then one at 12 weeks. If you are really worried you can ask your midwife for one i got early scan for date (and also because i mc a year ago) which was my 6 weeks as i thought i was 9 weeks and when i got my 9 week scan i was so happy then my 12 was amazing.

As for the sore boobs lucky you mine are still sore now and i am 15 weeks and 5 days !!! i had no sickness which i am happy about my next scan isnt until the end of may so have ages to wait!

godd luck all will be well im sure just try and relax the little one will be doing finexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back