Helen, are you there, how did it go at the docs?

Mrs P

Reaction score
Hello helen,

Me and DH have also been trying for a year and have a doctors appointment next tuesday, what happened when you went?

Amy

Hi Amy

I posted quite a bit on the other thread, but basically OH and I went together which was a big help. I took all my charts and info that I had been tracking and the doc had a look at all of that.

I had to do a blood test at 21 days to check for hormones associated with ovulation. OH had to do a sperm test after 3 days of abstinence.

She also had a chat with us and said to go back and see her when we have results and she will decide where to refer us to next. If all is ok, then likely next step is a little op for me to check if tubes blocked.

The doc was very nice about it and suggested that we think how far we wanted to take things in terms of ops and IVF. She said that the waiting list for IVF was long in our area.

Also, she wrote "infertility" on both our test bags but said that we shouldn't be alarmed by this.

I hope all goes well for you on Tuesday, take all your info with you and OH if you can.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck

xx

Hi helen,
thanks for replying, the word infertility scares me so much :cry: :cry:
Ill just have to see what happens tomorrow.

Amy

Keep your chin up. We'll get there in the end.

xx

OH MY GOD! the day of the doctors appointment arrives and i get a positive test!! Ive been given a due date of 3rd October by the doctor tonight! :lol:

Amy

Your time WILL come XXXXXXXXXXX

Wow! Amy, congratulations!

Let's hope I'm joining you soon.

xx

:D congratulations amy great news :D

How long have you been trying helen? Its looks like we are gonna be testing at the same time this month if the dreaded AF doesnt come :evil: (fingers crossed for the both of us) Let us know how you get on!!

:wink: GOOD LUCK :wink: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back