backache

rusks

Reaction score
Been feeling really great but now really suffering with lower backache :cry: i feel like an old woman :roll: . it seems to be right low down in my lower back on my left side and the discomfort goes down my left leg. i'm walking really gingerly and i feel quite unsteady on my feet like if someone bumped into me i would fall over so easy :shakehead: .

Any ideas to help this ladies? :think: i have tried those nurofen heat pads, they are useless, hot water bottle seems to help.

please reassure me this gets easier and won't last for the remainder of my pregnancy? and please tells me it disapppears after the birth? :pray:

I do sympathise with you, my back was a nightmare, still is now! but then i've suffered with them for years prior to pregnancy.

The only way I could relieve mine was to employ DH as a masseuse :lol: and have long soaks in the tub with Lavender oil. Once I had Jamie it did get better but I think carrying the great lump around hasn made it flair up again (he's the weight of an 18 month old - the fatty!).

awwww hun sounds like you might have sciatica :hug: can be quite painful hope your feeling better soon xxxxxxxx

Sounds to me like sciatica too, especially if its painful down your leg too.
I dont know what to suggest other than what the others have.
Maybe have a chat with your midwife when you see her next and ask for some advice.
Could it be the way your sleeping? I have suffered with a bad back throughout the pregnancy, and im afraid mines got worse towards the end (im now 39 weeks).
I sleep on my left side with a pilllow under my bump, and also a pillow between my knees, i found this has helped quite alot.
Hope you feel better soon
x x x

I sympathise. i dont have sciatica but have mid back ache. this is where the babys bum is pushing into my ribs. MW told me yesterday there is nothing i can do :( though i do feel relaxed in teh bath and slighlty better wheen im walking around. nights are the worst time.

thanks for all the replies. :wave: day off today so going to have a long soak in the bath :sleep: and OH has been great rubbing it for me :lol:
i must say it seems easier today, still tender but we had a bit of rumpy pumpy the other night and maybe this aggrivated it, won't be doing that again in a hurry!! :oops:

Sounds painful - hope it clears up

Sounds to me like a good massage is the order of the day :cheer:

Ive got muscle weakness on the left hand side and physio gave me some exercises to strengthen it. One is to clasp your hands round your knee and push away with your knee whilst pulling with your hands. Another (you need OH) is to push your foot against his hand. Oh and stand up and rock your pelvis forward and back.

My back is dreadful but it went with DD so I asked to be seen really early, consultant forgot though so it was already knackered by the time I got an appointment.

awww rusks i kinda have it to sometimes i will get up and there will be a shooting pain down my leg and it gives way n it hurts :(

Awwww Lisa its nasty isnt it!!

Makes me think your baby might be back to back if you are suffering that bad, I suffered and Zac was back to back.

Might be worth asking your MW when you see her next.

Get bouncing on a birth ball if he is, get him in proper position!

Its ok to take paracetamol too hun if the pain gets so bad :D

Hope you feel better soon, big kiss from Zac

Jaidy said:
Awwww Lisa its nasty isnt it!!

Makes me think your baby might be back to back if you are suffering that bad, I suffered and Zac was back to back.

Might be worth asking your MW when you see her next.

Get bouncing on a birth ball if he is, get him in proper position!

Its ok to take paracetamol too hun if the pain gets so bad :D

Hope you feel better soon, big kiss from Zac

i think that kiss from zac worked thanks jade :hug:

i can still feel it but it is much better today. saw midwife today and she said that she thinks he is back to back, so you were right :clap: and it explains a lot. will talk to you soon on msn about that tens machine as well can't remember what thread you put the link in, cos i'm going to order one i think in readiness for labour. cheers Lisa xx

sorry i dont have any advice :( but ive been suffering too so i know how you feel :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back