• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Heartburn baby!

Mama 2 Be

Reaction score
It's back! Boooooooooooo :twisted: Grrrr, popping Gaviscon pills like smarties (the liquid makes me gag)

Thankfully my NHS exemption came through the other day so I'm gonna get me some freebies! :cheer:

I got really bad heartburn with my last pregnancy,ate rennies like they were going out of fashion.

Drinking milk always helps i find.

vickie said:
I got really bad heartburn with my last pregnancy,ate rennies like they were going out of fashion.

Drinking milk always helps i find.

Ah yes! Good thinking there, thanks hon :D

Well according to my gran if you have heartburn you baby will be born with a full head of hair :wink: yet another wonderfull old wivestale :lol:

purplepants said:
Well according to my gran if you have heartburn you baby will be born with a full head of hair :wink: yet another wonderfull old wivestale :lol:

I was told this too, made me have images of coughing up big hair balls

pacha said:
purplepants said:

I was told this too, made me have images of coughing up big hair balls
I started having images of giving birth to something that looked like a gorilla :shock: thankfully after having 4 children i know its not true :lol:

purplepants said:

Wasnt a wives tale for me....with my son I had LOADS of heart burn and he was born with lots of soft, dark hair it was lovely. Well worth the heartburn. :D

Havent had any this time, yet, probably will though!!!!!

Ok but that might raise a question or two as hubby is BALD! :rotfl:

I had mild heartburn with my first two and they had a small amount of hair,with my third i suffered awful with it and baby was born with a big mop of brown hair.....well worth the heartburn.

TBH i hate the taste of gaviscon....minty rennies are way nicer to chew on.

I see what you mean though rainbow...it sort of slides down your throat and feels all gluggy yuk!!!

I had it bad and the Dr prescribed me Ranitadine which is the ingredient in Zantac and you can buy 12 of Tesco own brand for about £2. They are brilliant and work 1000 times better than gaviscon or rennie and they are perfectly safe to take during pg. I took them for the whole 9 mths with all of mine!

*Rainbow* said:
Sorry to bring th thread down a notch, but gaviscon liquid just reminds me of the consistency of cum.. everytime i drink it (which is a lot).. it just makes me shudder.. and nearly gag.. urrrgh.. thank god it works though!

x x

Too funny :rotfl: :rotfl:

I got heartburn with the pregnancy quite early, I hate it :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital