Heartbeat

MrsR

Reaction score
A week on Friday I'll be 10 weeks pregnant and as it gets closer I'm starting to panic and fret. In 2007 I had what is medically known as a missed abortion (horrid name I know) which basically means that the fetus died with no pain or blood and I found out at 12 week scan. The fetus was died at 10 weeks and I can't help but be terrified that it'll happen again! The panic seems to get worse at night and I can't sleep. I'm scared of sleeping on my front (yes I know it's irrational) and I'm racking my brains constantly for what I might of done to cause it last time! Anyhoo-long intro to a quick question-does anyone know if mw will be able to detect heartbeat at 10 weeks? I'm going to ask her later too as need reassurance! But I was just wondering. Sorry for the ramble!

Awww hun it was nothing you done wrong :hug: Just one of those horrid things :(

I don't think the MW will even try to about 14 weeks but a good quality doppler can pick up the heartbeat from about 10 weeks. Is this something you'd consider? You'd have to be prepared that you mightn't find it and hence would that make you worry more? But then the reassurance of finding the HB might be just what you need :)

When is your scan hun?

My scan is on 24 th march so I don't have too long to wait it's just really starting to get to me! I have thought about Doppler but as you rightly pointed out I might not find hb and then worry would get worse! I'll still speak to mw but I kind of know what the answer will be. I was absolutely fine about it all until Sunday and then it just hit me. Keep getting waves of wanting to cry. Stupid hormones!

i so totally understand how your feeling although i didnt have the type of m/c u did the fear it going to happen again is very overwhealming i keep feeling it all just going to horribly wrong and as much as i try to relax i cant iv got a scan thurs and although i know i should be excited my main emotion is fear incase its not good news although there is no reason to think it wont be i think it so natural to think the worst it our way of protecting ourselfs from the pain of what might be but just remmeber each pregnancy different there is no reason these ones arnt going to be fabulasly healthy ones xxxxxxx

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, keep us updated on scan? I made the descision not to have an early scan as I could easily of had a good hb at an early scan and still lost it at 10 weeks. I just wish I could see inside me!!!

So sorry for your loss. :(
This is exactly why I'm terrified about going for the 12 week scan. I'm so scared that something will have gone wrong.

Ok so mw just phoned back. She was really calm and friendly and though she can't listen to bubs she suggested I phone ultrasound at hospital and explain the history and see if they can fit me in earlier! Will be doing that tomoz morning and fingers toes and eyes crossed they can fit me in!

Fingers crossed they can get you in earlier! I'm tempted to get a Doppler, founda good one on amazon for £42 ...they say it can be used from 10 weeks. Am so tempted!

hope you get a earlier scan Helen, these early pregnancy centres are so good too
Sure the scan will reassure you that baby is still there an healthy

If not you could pay for a private scan?
if you do get a doppler get a very good one then u have more chance.
i had a missed miscarriage too and felt exactly like u including the not wanting to sleep on my belly.
after your scan and after your first tri you will relax, as i did xx

try not to worry hun , I am sure everything will be fine and sure last time was just natures way of saying the baby was not well . I am sure this time you will be fine, good luck xx

I phoned the hospital ultrasound department this morning and they were so so helpful! They've put my scan forward a week which means I'll be 10+5 instead of 11+5. I know that probably sounds ridiculous to pit it forward one week but the difference to me is priceless! I can't explain how much better I feel! I just pray every night that the baby's ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back