emergancy scan

gangofgin

Reaction score
i had an emergancy scan today. the nurse at work insisted i went to a&e because i had bad cramps and slight bleeding again. id gone really shakey and felt all faint.
spent 6 hours at the hospital, did a normal scan and couldnt find anything, and then they did a vaginal scan, they found a heartbeat but they told me they think im only 6 weeks not 8 weeks but couldnt tell exactly because it was too soon. they did say my pregnancy sac was bigger than theyd expect for someone at 6 weeks, but they didnt really explain much about what that meant.
they told me to just see my midwife on the 9th as planned and thats it.
im still in agony with my stomach though.
oh and the doctor who i saw when i was in a&e said to me 'did you know you had a heart murmur' and i said id never been told. thats the last i heard of that though, i was more concerned about the scans and forgot to follow it up.

I have a heart murmur and its never bothered me that much - mum forgot i even had it so its not that bad, bless my mum she does try! All the doctors hvae done with me is make sure my BP is alright and they said that i might need a few more chek ups than normal. This might be to go with my heart being quite slow rather than the murmur so try not to worry about it too much x x x

Yay for seeing a heart beat, that must have been amazing! :D I hope your cramps stop soon and you can go back to enjoying htis pregnancy :hug:

Seeing the heartbeat is a good sign. I hope all goes well with your midwife appointment. I'm sure if they thought the heart murmur was a big issue they'd have followed it up :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back