heart burn?

abbiecourt

Reaction score
last night for four hours before i slept i had this pain in my chest and throt i felt like i needid to be sick to get rid of pain or have a really good burp, i woke up this morning and it feels like my throt is totally damaged i swollow and it hurts feels like something is stuck but their nothing their u know that bit in ur neck that dips in if u feel it, it hurts when i press on it, its really starting to annoy me i really want to get rid of it any tips lol x

only the liquid heartburn stuff I glug it like mad...if the Gaviscon type stuff doesnt work (the Boots brand is cheaper and works the same) then youd need to go to your docs especially if your throat is burning its the acid xxx

I had that aswell, I got tablets from the doc called omprezole and they've helped so much. I couldn't sleep at all cause as soon as I lay down it felt like acid was coming up xx

I had horrible time last night as well and my throat hurts today , probably the acid then. I only had Rennie in the house, can't drink Gaviscon! I find it helps to have head on a high pillow

rachcraig is right, the omeprazole is a good one, havent taken it and didnt know you could take it in pregnancy but have known others not pregnant who get terrible heart burn and rate it x

I took Omeperazole and a glass of milk and a peppertmint tea and 2 rennies all in the one night.....it was just like you explained

i had that a few weeks ago, made me feel really bad but my doc said it was just where the baby was lying on my stomach and pushing acid up into my throat (lovely i know haha), take some rennie or similar and it sorts it out for you.

I found gaviscon didnt work for me, but the rennies are fantastic!! only the fruit ones though, the mint ones are useless to me :roll: tesco brand fruit ones are DELICIOUS but have a mank aftertaste lol so be ready with something to take that after taste away :lol:
so if u find gaviscon doesnt work, try some rennies.. if nothing works then go docs hun heartburn is not nice at its mildest :(

gaviscon tablets work well for me... heartburn goes away as soon as I chew one tablet...I can fell difference in 1 min time!!!

I start trying to shift mine with water... it doesn't last long but it soothes it for a bit. I gave up on the gaviscon and rennies, again didn't last long enough for me but i do have some omeprazole that i take if it gets really bad.

I've suffered from acid reflux for a long time, and if i don't have anything to help combat it, my last resort is absolutely mank, but works:

bicarbonate of soda mixed with water and squash (so it doesn't taste too bad). It makes me really really gassey and i burp loads (i've even been sick cos i've had so much gas!) and to start with i feel really uncomfortable in my chest, but it neutralises the acid

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back