Aghhhhhhhh heart burn :(

Sleepy sue

Reaction score
Omg I've never had this in my life and it hurts lots :( it feels like I've got a fire in my throat :(

I've drank a pint of milk and taken gaviscon tablets but no change yet !! Any tips ladies x x

Am the same .... I got some tablets called tums from SuperDrug they were £1.50 and they are really good , I was using gaviscon at first but it doesn't help anymore.

Aww I feel your pain! :( Before getting pregnant I'd only ever had heartburn once before and it was shocking! I get to week 30 and it begins. I tried Gaviscon but it didn't help me either.

I've heard that ice cold water may help, especially if you drink it the second you begin feeling it.

Thankfully mine's calmed down over last few days. Probably jinxed myself now :(

Last edited:
I get hoooge bottles of Gaviscon Advanced from the docs - could not be without it!!!

Although the aniseed flavour didn't work for me which is a shame as I detest anything pepermint flavoured, but hey ho despite the gagging it works!!

only thig i find works is maalox,
iv always suffered with it butduring pregnancy its been unreal

'Also drinking water can actuallt make it worse cos drining will tell our tummy to produce acid
although sometimes it can help to make you burp and get some wind up lol

Pregnancy heartburn is BURNNNNNNNNNNNY isn't it? I get it when I burp. Def avoid fizzy drinks. I haven't got much advice really sorry. I also get it more if I drink then lay down so maybe avoid drinks at night?xx

OH got the death stare the other day when he told me off for eating rennies like sweets. Id had 2 in an hour. I asked him if he had ever had heartburn and he said no so I told him to be quiet then until he's experienced it.

Pregnancy heartburn is the worst thing ever. I'd rather spend the day with my head in the toilet just to avoid that awful burn and sting you get :(!

I feel your pain hun. I tend to get it if I lay on my right side but not so much on the left.
I got gaviscon on prescription but ran out and have heart burn as we speak. Only think that has worked tonight is being sick.

i feel your pain hun, ive had awful heartburn from the very start, you should see how much gaviscon i go through, i find the tablets rubbish compared to the liquid.

Think I'm going to buy the liquid tomorrow :( my sister said it's an old wives tale that you get heartburn when the babies hair is growing lol x

I feel for you....I had it really bad there for couple of weeks..until I went to the doctors! Couldn't handle the pain anymore..he prescribed me a course of Ranitidine tablets...OMG best thing ever!!! I take 2 tabs a day..one in the morn and one after my tea at night. Gavison and Rennies did not help me one bit at all...hope this will help you! X x

Thanks nmurr if it gets too bad I'm definitely going to docs!! I'm hoping gaviscon liquid will help x x

I've had awful heartburn. The antacid tablets I was buying were helping but only providing relief for about 15 mins! Now I have a bottle of peptac liquid on prescription and it's better - still have to take it a couple of times in the night to get enough sleep though - and it's really really thick - nasty to swallow but worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back