Swollen legs.

Toxic_Angel

Reaction score
Argh my right leg from knee downwards is really swollen an painful.
Hurts when i walk. Feels like a balloon. Iv tried walkin about an it wont shift.
Left leg feels ok. jus a teeny sharp pain.
what could it be? feels like my leg is gettin tighter an tighter

I ve had swoolen legs and feet (my left one more so) what I said is they look like they belong to Heather off Easterenders and not me! :rotfl:
Are you on your feet alot? If so try to sit with them up more or do as I heve done today - get a sick note from docs and take it easy. :hug:

if your leg is that bad you need to sit down with your legs above your heart..if it doesnt go down you need to go and see your midwife to make sure you arnt getting pre-eclampsia..its very common in younger and older mothers.. dont know why..

Toxic Angel, you need to see your doctor. DVTs (deep vein thrombosis) are extremely common in pregnancy, especially the later stages and you need to have that ruled out.

Swelling during pregnancy is mildly painful but if it's very painful make an emergency appointment at the doctors. Sorry to sound like a drama queen but it may well be something nastier than just oedema(Swelling).

I agree with Timsmom - because it is only one leg you need to get it checked ASAP - it could be a DVT or an infection - both need to be treated quickly :hug: :hug:

If it turns out to be routine swelling - pinapple juice helps

Toxic

I agree with Ella and Timsmom...get yourself checked asap.

Don't want to over worry you but I'm a high risk for DVT as my mum had it in her pregnancy and I've been having blood tests constantly through my pregnancy and the symptoms you're describing do sound very much like the ones I've been told to look out for.

Please go and get checked out hun just to be on the safe side xxx

lots of love :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back