Heard my babys heartbeat for first time with a doppler :)

x kylie x

Reaction score
Hey girlies :)

Really excited to say my doppler arrived this morning and i was so so nervous to try it out kept thinking if i cant find a heartbeat im going to be really worried but i gave it a go :)

I found it after around 5 mins of looking and was amazing to hear!! i never got offered to hear it at any of my scans so was a truly amazing experience :)

I hope this is going to be an item that eases my worries and not makes them worse though! xx

Awww this is awesome :D. I'm way too scared to get a doppler! Haha! I worry enough as it is! xx

awww woow !! i couldnt have a doppler as I am a worrier lol

Hehe i am exactly the same girls but i thought oh atleast if i get a doppler i will know everything is okay but now i am thinking i am going to over use it and if i ever cant hear it im gona be so worried :(

But the sound is amazing it sounds like a horse galloping lol ive so far been to every family members house and made them listen :p

It is really relaxing when you find it though i just lay there with a huge smile on my face knowing my little bean is happy and well :) xx

I have one too and found my baby at 10 weeks. Mine has an LCD display showing the bpm so you can't confuse it with your own heartbeat. It's lovely to hear isn't it? Although like you I'm a little worried what I will be like if I can't find it one day!! Xx

I dont think I'll be getting one, I'd worry far too much!

Congrats on hearing LO!

I dont think I'll be getting one, I'd worry far too much!

Congrats on hearing LO!

I'm the same. If I didn't find it I'd be in a huge panic!

I'm sure it was amazing though! Music to ur ears! Lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Eeee, I cant wait for my scan to get to hear this!!

I am a tiny bit jealous, kylie :blush: haha

Aww :D It takes your breath away :)

I had an awful nhs 12 week scan the lady was really rude and rushed through when i asked how fast the heart was beating she replied " it dosent matter i have told you its got a heartbeat that should be enough" all my other friends got to hear the heartbeat i diddnt so was upset :(

I had read good and bad things about dopplers and after finding an lcd screen one on ebay brand new for £30 i thought well its only the money i have saved from not smoking why not treat myself :)

I do admit when i turned it on i was really scared to try it and could just hear swooshing sounds took me about 5 mins then all of a suddon i heard a really loud heartbeat it was about 150bpm and i have tried it another 3 times showing all my family and i have always found its heartbeat within 5 mins :) ranging from 120-165 :) i also heard my baby kick the doppler lol really loud bang was funny :p think it got mad at me keep waking it up hehe xx

I would 100% recomond them but also if one day i cant hear it i know i am going to worry but i have read it is normal as they get bigger they curl up and turn over ect.. so i would just keep trying every few hours or so as its not harmful to baby at all :)

xx

I'd really love one of these! When is the earliest you could hear bubs heartbeat? I wouldn't want to buy one and not hear it cos I'd be so worried :(

Congrats on hearing your LO!

I'd really love one of these! When is the earliest you could hear bubs heartbeat? I wouldn't want to buy one and not hear it cos I'd be so worried :(

:D thank you hun :) well on ebay it said use it from 12+ weeks but when i got my instructions it says between 9-12 weeks you should be able to hear it :)

If you search there is alot of videos showing people using them at 7+ weeks so i guess its how much patience you have and also what one you buy i guess :)

But i really would recommend waiting till 12 weeks then you know by then u should definitly be able to hear it :) It is really loud and clear for me so no doubt i could of heard it earlier :)

x

Oh Kylie!! She sounds like such a cow!! :(

Yay that's lovely!! I'm getting a Doppler when I'm a bit further on but I can see myself being a bit obsessive maybe and will probably panic if I can't find the heartbeat so not sure if it's such a good idea! So all your stuff from your eBay spree is arriving :p xxxx

Last edited:

:D thank you hun :) well on ebay it said use it from 12+ weeks but when i got my instructions it says between 9-12 weeks you should be able to hear it :)

If you search there is alot of videos showing people using them at 7+ weeks so i guess its how much patience you have and also what one you buy i guess :)

But i really would recommend waiting till 12 weeks then you know by then u should definitly be able to hear it :) It is really loud and clear for me so no doubt i could of heard it earlier :)

x

Thank you hun. Went maternity shopping today with my mum lol because she wants me to be prepared (bless her :')) as decided I'm going to get one in about two weeks when I've got some more money :D thank you for replying, and congrats again :hug: x

My pants are all getting too tight! x

they are amazing dopplers aint they i bought one with lo and can honestly say it is the best thing i have ever bought, I had a listen on my belly 2 days ago and thought i heard a hb but don't know whether it was a hb or my pulse hmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back