Headaches & Pain after C Section

emmababy1

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I'm 17 days post c section and really struggling with headaches and dizziness. Bloods have been done and all fine, Uribe checked too and thata fine. I'm just wondering if this is normal? The headaches are intermittent really but really painful and come and go really at different areas of my head.
I'm also getting pain up under my boobs, is this likely to be trapped wind?

Hi Emmababy1.. the pains sound normal due to trapped wind.. but im not sure about the headaches.. i have not experienced the headaches..

I had a few headaches but my blood pressure was all over the place after my section so I put it down to that and I normally suffer from tension and stress migraines - my whole birth experience was pretty traumatic.

Are you getting enough fluids and enough sleep? That could be a cause too.

Did you have a spinal anesthetic? If so I'd suggest going back to the hospital to get checked over. After my first c-section I had a blinding head ache the day I got home that was so bad I rang the hospital and they told me to come in. Like CDx my blood pressure had also been bad so they wanted to check me over. But they check the spinal site as well for any damage etc.

Thankfully this time I didn't have any, but I've kept tanked up on pain killers.

I've been checked over by the hospital and they're saying there's nothing they can do for me as all they're checks are coming back normal?
at my wits end really, the headaches are a total nightmare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back