Headache....

scandicmum85

Reaction score
I suffered from badly headache 2 months ago that lasted 2 weeks or so, It was really bad so got some strong painkillers but dont feel like taking too much painkiller really during pregnancy. Now it is back and even worse, woke up this morning and my head is just about to explode...:( It started maybe 2 days ago. I see its been found protein in my urine but that could also be normal for many pregnant. My bloodpressure is perfectly fine, all checked out with doc two days ago. Maybe Its migraine? :(

I would keep an eye on it cos as you know, headaches together with protein in urine could indicate pre-eclampsia. I know you said BP is fine but get checked often if you can. Any major swellings? It can happen quite quickly so at least you know what to look out for. It could of course just be a migraine - I suffered really really bad headaches a while back too (same time as you too) but mine were related to my sinus problems. I also had problems a few weeks ago with visual migraine.... Have you changed your diet recently?? maybe you have a "trigger" food?? In meantime, check with GP about what painkillers are safe and just try to rest up a bit more. I know, like me you're self employed but I think we need to listen to our bodies when they tell us to slow down....
Hope you feel better soon x

Last edited:
a would keep a eye on it though cos protein in uring bad headache are sign preeclampsia dont wanna scare u but better to know i had pounding headaches early on pregnancy they gave me something stronger but wouldnt take anything more witout there consent a actually ahd a really bad headache yesterday was ponly 1 side but this caused by me iron levels being low x

I suffered from badly headache 2 months ago that lasted 2 weeks or so, It was really bad so got some strong painkillers but dont feel like taking too much painkiller really during pregnancy. Now it is back and even worse, woke up this morning and my head is just about to explode...:( It started maybe 2 days ago. I see its been found protein in my urine but that could also be normal for many pregnant. My bloodpressure is perfectly fine, all checked out with doc two days ago. Maybe Its migraine? :(

If I were u hun, Id just text or call my midwife and just let her know so she can advise, she may want to just see u before ur next appointment to rule anything bad out... Its better to be over cautious...
For pain relief, Id say try 4head, its a head rub and helps ease headaches, which u can get in all chemists and some supermarkets... I suffer bad from migraines and am normally on medication to stop them but have had to stop taking them whilst pregnant, so I know exactly how u feel hun, I also tried Shiatzu massage, expensive but well worth it, it really helped... Also try neck and head massages, by pro or partner, heat compresses on the neck and cold compresses on ur head, relaxing baths and fresh air...
Hope something here helps
Siany 1982

Defo keep an eye on it - also make sure you drink lots of water. I found that because i was going for a wee so much i slowed down on my fluid intake when at my desk, just so i didn't have to go as often! Big mistake. I've also woken up with a headache this am - I slept for 15 hours too which dind't help me take on more fluid....
Hope all is good. Take it easy this weekend if you can

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back