Confused by midwife appointment!

Yvonne

Reaction score
I went today as i have been having bad headaches over the last few days that won't shift.
I got there, she checked my urine, i had +1 of protein, and +2 of lucozites. so she has sent it off to be checked. she did my BP and it took her 3 times as she couldn't hear it properly and then her final result was lower than normal! :?
So i had bad headache with slight blurred vision, +1 of protien but because she said my BP was ok then that was it.
I still have the urine infection i have had for 2 weeks, but because they have given me 2 lots of tablets they win't give me anymore!! What am i supposed to do????

Now i have found baby is back to back with a hand next to it's head! GREAT :( Would that give me cronic back ache?

Anyway i will stop moaning now.

The fact that the baby is back to back will give you backache, so that's probably why it's been hurting so much (that combined with the infection).

Hope you feel better soon :(

Thanks Rosieroo.

The back pain is quite high up not in my kidney area, so she said it must be clearing slowly.

I didn't know if back to back can casue back ache cos i didn't have that with Amy.

I was just a bit confused..... i thought that a plus of protein and bad headache (not eased by pain killers) with slight blurred vision was something to get checked out but she wasn't concerned one bit.

It's probably me over reacting. :D :D
Thanks again

Yvonne xxx

I was just a bit confused..... i thought that a plus of protein and bad headache (not eased by pain killers) with slight blurred vision was something to get checked out but she wasn't concerned one bit.

In my pregnancy and birth magazine this month it does say to get checked out if you have a headache that doesn't clear after 24 hours. You've basically got all the symptoms of pre-eclampsia (you've been swollen aswell haven't you if I remember rightly?) and I'd be worried if I was you aswell - so don't go thinking you're over reacting as I am sure plenty of us would be feeling the same.

Did you explain your concerns to her? Or are you like me and sit and worry in silence, convinced something is wrong, but are worried to say what you think it could be incase they think you're a nut?

{{{hugs}}}

Well at the time i just sort of listened to what she said, then when i was coming home, i re-thought about it and thats when i started to think.

She took bloods off me to check for the pre eclampsia and she said she was ringing me in the morning with the results so i will ask her then.

It's such a worrying time, they make out all these symptoms need urgently checking out and then make no big deal over it when you do!!

[/b]

Hi there, just been catching up.
If the MW isnt concerned when she calls you today, but you are still worried, and your head aches havent faded, then you really should contact another source.
Does your hospital have a 'day unit'? if so give them a call, and maybe explain that although MW not to concerned your headaches are still unresolved and if like my D.U the mention of 'protien' they'll ask you to go straight there.
You have the right to be concerned. Dont feel bad for 'bothering' them.
Good Luck Hun xx

Hello

I hope all goes well in the mornin and like evryone else said get a second opinion.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back