Head/Neck control...again

Olive

Reaction score
Ok, we've had some progress with Brody's neck control and I now don't have to hold his head like I used to when I'm holding him (although it's still wobbly imo). I took him to get weighed 2 weeks ago and asked the HV to check it. She picked him up like superman and his head remained in the same position and didn't flop down iykwim, so she said it was fine.

However, I wondered if everyone's babies around our age (3 months) are holding there head up when doing tummy time? I've noticed a few pics with lo's doing this. Brody isn't doing it yet.

I'm not overly concerned because I think they all do different things at different paces, but at the same time, am wondering a lot about it!

Thanks x

Yup he does get lazy and lay his head down and suck the mat tho sometimes.

He has to be in the right mood, so I usually do it first thing.

Love this pic too much tho.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334693263.105486.jpg

Yeah he does, we tend to do tummy time in the morning as its when hes in the mood for it. He will drop his head and suck the mat too when he starts to get tired.

The pic was when he was 2 months as I don't have a more upto date one x

Attachments

• resized dylan.jpg
    resized dylan.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 10
I meant to add that Dylan has always had a strong neck and good head control, he also doesn't mind being on his tummy which helps I think. They definitely do all do things at different ages. x

Issac lifted his head newborn cos he was a tummy sleeper but hated tummy time and only lifted his head clear 2weeks ago at 4months! Don't worry he will do it when he is ready and he Does have good head control by ur hv. Issac is still lazy and drops it when he can't be bothered xx

Thanks.

Great pics!

X

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Lewis has held his head up whilst upright from day zero but doesn't lift it up during tummy time, in fact he can't be bothered with tummy time full stop.

i think that some babies like to see everything and some are content to lie there and relax. if the hv is happy with him then i wouldnt worry too much

SAM_0421.jpg

I wouldn't worry hun, I bet he can do it but just doesn't 'get it' at tummy time. I.e he might prefer to just lay there? Will has always done it but occasionally at 2/3 months he would be lazy and suck the mat.

Xx

G is kinda like that. She either isn't in the mood for time and screams, or just lies there and looks to the side. Pretty sure she can go it though, as she pushes her self up to move if she's lying on someone's chest. Xxx

Harrison prety much sitsup unaided but he wont lift his head on tummy time, he hates it!! DOnt worry every baby is different!!
xxx

Hey Chick, Dont worry to much about it. I have never had to hold Harlows head since she was 2 weeks old! She is practically trying to sit up already let alone lifting her head up at tummy time! I couldn't believe it when I seen her trying to sit up more in the bouncy chair yesterday! On the other hand, she may be good at that but still doesn't really touch things. Most babies her age are touching and feeling toys and find sounds they make interesting, H is just not interested yet. So yeah, they will all do things in ther own time x

Thanks ladies xx

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back