Moving onto lumpier food

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Ryan is almost 8 months now so a few weeks back I tried him on the 7month+ jars which are much lumpier. For some reason he won't eat them, he'll eat finger foods and stuff like rice pudding with lumps in but he won't touch the savoury stuff.

He's quite happy carrying on with the pureed foods but I keep thinking if he doesn't move onto the mashed ones instead it'll cause him to be a fussy eater later on.

As I said in another thread, he won't eat homemade food. Should I just let him carry on with the 4month jars of food and try the next stage in a few weeks? :think:

Santi has reflux and is seven and half months old.
He loves 4-6 month jars. Hates all the other with lumps in.refuses to eat them.
I have tried him with finger food.Toast/bread/cheese etc.loves that.
Spoke to HV she said to persever.
At least Ryan is eating. Would try next stage soon.
Have you spoken to HV.
Sounds like our sons are slightly similar :D

Ryan has reflux too but he's been on Gaviscon since he was a few months old and it's never bothered him since.

The health visitor said that he might not like the jars and we should just give him whatever we eat but mushed up, but like I said, he won't even touch that!

Gonna try some new finger foods I think and see what he's like with them. I know he can manage lumps but Im still scared he'll choke :oops:

omg hello kirsty! :wave:

melissa is the same- she dont like savoury lumps either. i keep persevering but its a bit like :wall: lol idk what 2 suggest!

Isaac tried them for a while but simply refused the 7+month jars so he now has our food instead. Things we've tried which he loves are toast with dairylea or jam, pasta, boiled egg, crackers, garlic bread (with the hard edge cut off) allsorts of fruit and vegetables.. If you make a casserole or a sunday roast with some chicken, just make him up a little plate, the meat he will chew on, its all good, even if he doesn't eat it he's trying out new smells and textures :D Very best wishes :hug:

Redshoes said:
Isaac tried them for a while but simply refused the 7+month jars so he now has our food instead. Things we've tried which he loves are toast with dairylea or jam, pasta, boiled egg, crackers, garlic bread (with the hard edge cut off) allsorts of fruit and vegetables.. If you make a casserole or a sunday roast with some chicken, just make him up a little plate, the meat he will chew on, its all good, even if he doesn't eat it he's trying out new smells and textures :D Very best wishes :hug:

Thanks for that :)

Won't he choke on stuff like that though? He always gags on stuff so I sort of limit what I give him to try, which obviously won't help the matter :oops:

lol...Maia is opposite, she doesn't like lumps in her pudding!

Just keep trying it, maybe at one meal each day?

You could use the Munchkin Mesh feeder, I know Sainsbury's sell them :) LO's have a great gag reflex, so choking is very rare, but if worried, just cut things down into nice little squares, or just give mushy, soft foods, nothing chewy :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back