He won't eat solids, it's been a long weekend, help!

Redshoes

Reaction score
OK So now Isaac is waking near on every 2hrs through the night which he's NEVER done. He has just had his 3rd imm's, so may be to do with that, but I was thinking it may be because he's hungrier?? He is taking fluids, he is watching us eat intently, he is showing many signs he's ready for weaning.
Problem is, he will ONLY have breast, drink his formula or eat freshly mushed apple or pear, that's it :shock:
He won't eat baby rice, and against my own wishes, I tried him with jarred baby foods, and he won;t have them either :roll: How am I supposed to 'fill' him with foods if he won't eat them, is it wise just to let him eat apple and pear, will that dictate his future foods preferences, make him fussy? Gggrrrrrrrrrr weaning :x
Thankyou for any advice :hug: :hug: :hug:

Maybe you could try mixing some of the apple and pear to some baby rice and slowly decrease the amount till its just baby rice then try adding other stuff into babyrice?

You could also try hungry baby formula if you ar'nt already.

How about trying some of the baby cereals? I don't know the names of them in the UK but I always use Milupa and Nestle. I then add some fruit to the cereal.
You could also try rusks? I don't know a child who's refused those!

Also, try carrot. It has a slightly sweet taste so they tend to go for that. After a while you could start adding baby rice to it, or even some mashed potato.

It's important to introduce a wide range of tastes as early as possible. Maybe it's just a question of experimenting with the textures as well. Start off very runny and progress from there......

Good luck :hug:

Thankyou Flame and Sammystar :hug:
I just think he'll know if I mix anything with baby rice so have been reluctant to try it but I shall, I just hope he eventually enjoys his food, and a varied selection of it, I shall have a look for baby cereals like you say Sammystar, and thanksyou again for both your suggestions, its a great help :hug:

I did the whole baby rice thing with my first, with the second I just skipped it and went straight onto pureed veg and fruit. Some favourites included - sweet potato, sweede and potato, carrot and potato, brockoli and cauliflower with a home made cheese sauce, apple and pear, stewed peaches and when slightly older melon wedges (brill for teething straight from the fridge, there bigger so easier to hold than carrot sticks) and mango strips too.

Hi Amy, Plum Organics are now doing a four grain porridge with fruit mixed in. It's really smooth so Isaac may take that. I also mix in apple and pear. Good luck. Keep persevering. Weaning is sooooo stressful!
Lxx :hug:

amy i havent started weaning yet, but my HV mentioned on her last visit a bit about it, and she said babies need 2 try a food 40 times b4 they decide whether they like it or not! :shock: maybe persevere? i cant say i kno how hard it must be tho! :hug:

DS was like this, everytime I tried him apart from twice he refused. It wasn't until he got to around 6 months that he actually started to eat. Maybe leave him for a bit then try him again?

Dylan didn't have bay rice as he has a milk intoleerence so started on veg and fruit..fruit is definaly his favorite...he loves pears and mago's..i also give him avacardo as that is quite colarific and full of good fats which he enjoys.

Dylans favorite jar is banana yogurt by cow and gate ..Issac might like that if he is a fruit lover..I also mixed fresh steemed veg with pureed apple or pear .

my personal attitude to D weaning is he nutritionally doesn't need it till 6 months so let him learn to enjoy his food and move slowly to his less favotires

let us know how it is going?

My only advice redshoes is not to let him get too used to sweet foods, because he will never eat his savory foods and you will have a nightmare with him then.
Just take it back to basics - baby rice. It really is the best thing to give them as first foods, my son used to like the strawberry one.But this was his first tastes.

Why not try foods such as sweet potatoe, parsnips boiled and add a little butter - its a great meal for little ones and my son loved it! And its simple too.

Obviously as he gets more used to eating solids be more adventurus.If you need any advice pm me cos my little man eats all foods and has had no problems with eating.

Thanks again for the great advice and support ladies :hug: :hug: :hug:
I've left any attempts at offering Isaac food for the past 2 days, off shopping tomz to pick up some select items from advice above, thankyou :D I don't care when Isaac decides he wants to eat, I just don't want to ruin his enjoyment or stunt his love of variety is all, and I shall certainly let you know how he gets on :D
I think weaning can be stressful Lucy, yes :shock: But I'm sure we'll all get there in the end, and thankyou for the PM offer too mrs_tommo22 :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back