He LOST weight!!!

Water_Melon

Reaction score
So apparently my LO has lost 2oz from getting him weighed yesterday. I can't believe it... feeling quite bad about it and trying to figure out why.
He's 6 months old and 10 days.
All the books I've been reading was saying to start off solids slowly! That's what I have been doing. I initially was giving him one meal per day (porridge or mashed up rusk)
But after this visit yesterday the Health Visitor has disregarded that advice and said just give him everything now after that weight loss.
So today I have/will be giving him:
Breakfast: Baby porridge
Lunch: Baby yoguart
Dinner: a jar of veg, meat and veg or jar of mashed fruit (my dad bought me loads of premade jars from Tesco, so I'll use them before making up my own foods for him)

So do you think these sort of foods will be ok for the time being?
I'm also hoping it's not too much too soon.... but the health visitor said to, so... :/

I forgot to add that I'm still breast feeding and normally feed him morning, about 3 times in day and then night feed too.

I weaned Aaron onto 3 meals a day as quickly as I could on the advice of a paediatric dietician.

He's not had any problems, but I did just add in one meal a week, and kept an eye on his milk intake. If milk dropped, I changed the solids routine.

Oh sorry. I just misread.!!

Sounds ok. When I started weaning I did a fruity lunch, then a veg dinner. That was good for us :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back