HCG after miscarriage

Bryttani

Reaction score
Hello!

So my husband and I found out we were pregnant, about 4-5 weeks. Less than a week later, I began to bleed. This being my first ever pregnancy, I was pretty stressed out. I wont get into how abandoned I was by my "doctors" and their staff, but it has been a rough week... Long story short, I ended up in the hospital where they told me my HCG had dropped to 60...ok, we have a miscarriage... . Three days after my last test, my HCG actually went up to 76. while at the hospital I did receive an external AND internal ultrasound to rule out ectopic (the amount of pain I was in, they feared it might have been ectopic)... I'm clearly not anticipating a revival, for lack of better term, of the pregnancy. But I am concerned about what the rising of the hormone means, when its supposed to be dropping... Has anyone encountered this or something similar? I have an appointment in a few days, but being the anxiety ridden crazy person I am, I am seeking answers.

Thanks!

Hi hun, sorry you're going through such a rough time. The rise in HCG is very little, I don't think this is a viable pregnancy. If your blood was tested 3 day after the 60, it should have been around 180... The reason it can still rise a bit is because the placenta still produces a bit of HCG until it is completely removed from the uterus. I'm so sorry hun... Hope you and your partner will catch that rainbow soon!x

I am sorry you are going through this. I wish all the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ButterflyMom
Back