hayfever.......

BeckyJ

Reaction score
my eyes are streaming and are all swollen :cry: and my nose wont stop running

can i take hayfever tablets, piriton or something? im suffering and feeling sorry for myself :(

cheers sherlock, i will ask pharmacist later and let you know what they say

I don't think you can, I went to a walk in Doctor in Leeds about my wrists as they were so bad (carpal tunnel syndrome) and the Dr said that a good antihistamine and ibuprofen would suffice but in the UK pregnant women cannot take them.

Yeh i was told the tablets are a NoNo. :( isn't it a bummer!
You can have the beclonase (sp?) nasal spray which helps with the sniffyness, and you can get eye drops to soothe your eyes... xxxx

I hadnt even considered whether i could take hay fever tablets or not!!!!! Damn, looks like it'll be another thing i simply live with this year.

Does anyone know about the eye drops?? Can you use them, i can deal with runny nose etc but i usually get very itchy eyes on bad days and they go all puffy and yuck lol

I've got eye drops - the pharmacist said they were fine - i'd definately get them straight from the pharmacist or see what ones they reccomend.

One sec, i'll find out what mine are called - they are Opticrom - allergy eye drops.

xxx

Thankyou!! I'd blanked the horrors of itchy eyes from my memory, good to know i can at least still try and help that a little

awww love sorry to hear your suffering with your hayfever
Im ok with flowers its tree pollen i react too
ive been ok this year so far :pray:

hope the spray works for you i used it when my animal fur allegie played up when i was up home for xmas my parent have 2 dogs and my sisters 3 dogs where there to so i was in pure agony the spray eased the symptoms

go to the docs you will be able yto get it on prescription thats what i did

hope you feel better soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back