Any girls with dopplers - help please!!!

~*Leanne*~

Reaction score
last night OH wanted me to use the doppler again, he is really sqeemish (spel?) when it comes to heart and body parts but has been really good about listening to baby. anyway i note on here some of your have timed how many beats a min your baby's heart beats and thought i would try it. i always thought the heartbeat i found was quite slow so timed it and i got about 74beats a min - as some of you said your babies were in the hundreds i gathered that i must have been listening to my own heartbeat all this time anyway i kept moving doppler around and eventually i found a fast heartbeat which was, if i can remember, about 136 beats a min (or thereabouts!) do you think this could be baby then and i have been listening to my own heartbeat for the past 2 weeks???? hahah

xxx

yep! :)

74 BPM would be your own pulse :)

listen to the noise it makes - normal baby heart rate varies from 110-160 BPM depending on whether bubs is asleep or active - a shooshing sound would be your placenta and a thud thud would be babe's heart beat.

yes :) there is nothing else that would make a regular beat at that speed :)

Phewww....thanks smile. at least i finally heard baby's heartbeat then lol i did wonder all this time why it was slower than when the midwife found it :rotfl: pregnancy brain....:roll:

well done for finding it :) once you have done it once it will be easier next time :)

sounds like you have been listening to your own heartbeat. Yours should be around 70 and the babies should be nearing or over double that so there's a definate difference when you have heard them both.

Once you've listened to both of them it's more obvious next time you listen to know which one is which

aww babe bless you..

you were def listening to your own.. aww..

but glad you found babys, 130+ is DEF your babys xxxx

I've never timed mine before, feel like i've missed out lol

Congrats on finding it :cheer: 136... hmmm :think: they say below 140 means boy! Not too long until you can find out!!!

Midwife did say mine was a typical baby girl heartrate, quite fast, so at least some things suggest she is in fact a girl

Awww :hug: Im glad you have found baba's nb now!! :D

No no you arent the only one. after reading your post i realised id been doing the same. The amount of people that have been saying "thats amazing" to MY heartbeat aswell is a fair few! lol

I have found it now though which is god.

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back