Got my doppler!!!!

tattybear85

Reaction score
i received my doppler today(just b4 i had to go work grrr)

had a little play on it and found one of the twins heartbeat so gunna have another play later and see if i can find the other!!!

Its so exciting i can hear them whenever i want to now!!!!

awww wow that must be so cool trying to find 2 heart beats :D i still struggle finding this peanuts, i normally just hear my placenta as its at the front :wall:

I caught it right this morning and got both heartbeats at the same time

One was slightly faster than the other and they must of been lying close together...

We could hear them turning and then the heartbeat would go and then u would hear them turn and then the heartbeat would come back!!!

I wanna sit with it on my belly all day!!! haha

They really are quite addictive.

Debbie was using ours about 5 times a day at one point. She uses it less frequently now she's getting used as a punchbag. :D

I find mine really useful when I haven't felt anything for a while, it stops me worrying :D

aww thats lovely hun i should really get one
seems everyone has them :)
manda xx

It's a record. I've not used ours for 3 days!!! :shock:

I need to buy one but I've left it till a bit later as I'm such a stress head. If I couldn't find it I'd be frantic. My MW struggles to find LO's heartbeat so god help me. I guess you get used to where you might find it (general area anyhoo)

After buying a doppler and Royal Mail deciding they wanted to keep it :roll: I have decided not to get one :(

I really wanted one this pregnancy but am consolling myself that I can use the money to buy other fancy and totally unnecessary things for this LO!

which dopplers have peoples got as i want to get one

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I have an angelsounds which i think are great i had no problems finding heartbeat.

Hi Girls,

I'm new to the forum so hello....

I too have the Angelsounds doppler (about £30 from ebay) but i'm really obsessed with it... I'm 18 weeks and its my first baby and I havent felt him move yet so I insist on hearing the heartbeat before I go to bed!!! I had problems hearing him last night tho so I got all panicy... My husband found him in the end!! I usually find him really low down but he was a touch higher yesterday.

Whatever you do don't waste your money on this one http://www.babymonitorsdirect.co.uk/Bab ... pplers.htm

Although i managed to pick up the heartbeat on the visual display at an impressive 9 weeks it broke 2 days before my 12 week scan sending me into panic. It does't pick up anything now except sort of flashes up a quick reading occasionaly. I'm going to get a new one as I am a little disconcerted at not being able to find a heart beat even though I know it's broken, because the scan was fine. Anyone got any recommendations for one that will work at 13/ 14 weeks?

Becs x

An angel sounds or hi bebe should work becs. The angel sounds are only £30 on ebay.

Can you send the broken one back for a refund? That's a lot of money to lose after only a couple days use.

Thanks Muppetmummy, I'll get one today. Yeah I do want to chase a refund, but no way am I going to replace it with the same model. Thanks for the tip!!

Okay just got the AngelSounds doppler and impatiently tried it at my desk. Nothing. I'm sure it will work better when I get it home but, did anyone else try this one at 13/ 14 weeks? Also does it pick up your own heart beat as well as the babies?

I think I first used mine at 14 weeks. You will usually hear your own heartbeat, the placenta (which beats at the same rate as your own heartbeat but sounds like a swishing noise.
And the baby will sound like a train or galloping horse a bit faster than your own heartbeat.

For the first few week I found it very low down and to the right almost on my bikini line. It took me ages to find it the first time (about 1/2 hour I think!, I kept getting placenta to start with)
I find it helps to do it lying down with a full bladder when it's quiet. Once you've found it, it's normally in a similar spot the next time until your uterus rises up then you've got the fun of trying to find it all over again.

I'm sure you'll find it eventally, I think a lot of people have to search around a bit the first time :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back