Having most awful time at the moment

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
Sorry ladies but desperate to let off steam.....Last weel i was informed that the pub i have been running for over a year with my o/h has been sold, we knew it was coming and accepted that.
What we didnt know that the people who are taking it over want us out and to put their own people in! they told us that our jobs and home were safe as well!
So i have lost my home and my job and have to move in with my mother in law, not just that I have to uproute my son from nursery and it wll upset him terribly as he loves it there and has loads of friends.

And too top it off i have my new baby due in 12 weeks and i doubt very much that the council will house us by then, so i think the baby will be born at my m-i-l! not good at all and guna be very over croweded.
Am trying so hard to stay strong for my family but i feel so upset today and depressed - am i wrong for feeling this way?

I feel life is so unfair :( just when things were going so well too

Not at all.. its hard being in a situation like that, i feel for you.

dont worry im sure everything will rectify it self soon.. :hug:

well no wonder you're upset, anyone would be in your position.
Having and preparing a place for your new baby is one of our strongest instincts and desires and to get that taken away from you is awful.
You have every right to be upset about it. I hope you get settled enough at your MILs to feel comfortable there and that you get your own place soon.
Lots of hugs :hug:

Like ive said a thousand times before today, im here if you wanna talk about anything ok :hug:

I cant believe its all happening, i cant stop crying about it. I have to uproute again and uset my son and not knowin where my daughter will be born, its tearing me apart.
I want to kick my hubby, hes taking it all in his stride and doesnt really want to talk about it.Hes just packing calmly and not saying much at all.

you said the council will rehome you, im sure if you told them how you felt they could hurry things along, its there duty to get you a home as your expecting a baby, i know you have a home at your mil but its not the same so i understand what your saying..

as for hubby, maybe its his way of dealing it, and if your feeling so fragile maybe he doesnt want to get on the wrong side of you whilst your feeling this way..

i really do hope it sorts itself out.. if i had the room you could come here! :hug:

:hug: How awful. No wonder you feel upset.

Can they really do that? Sell the business and then just give you really short notice to leave? That seems so unfair and especially worse given your situation (with one little one and another on the way). There should be a law against it. :x

I hope you can get re-housed soon. Will the brewery be able to find you another pub to run do you think?

:hug: :hug:

Ooh honey, sorry to hear that ...

Make sure you get some good advice on the council front, play up the overcrowding - surely that must help

Here are some hugs for being unsettled at a rubbish time :hug: xxx

Tell the council you are going to be homeless - they usually have some sort of procedures in place for that sort of thing. Fingers crossed things get sorted soon :pray:

Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. I hope things get better for you soon. :hug:

Thanks for all of your support, i really appreciate it.
The council have promised to house us asap as it will be overcrowding.

There is no brewery as such, i was self employd, but with the whole non smoking thing going on prob a good idea to stay out of the trade tll it calms down anyways!

I really appreciate it all, stephen is going to his nannys this saturday so he will be out of the way. While hes gone were guna get all the packing done.

If I were you I'd go from the pub accommodation to the council and say your homeless. So long as you have a roof over your head (at your mother in law's) you are although a priority for overcrowding etc, your not top, top, top of the list type thing. Turn up at the council (store most of your stuff with MIL if possible) and say you have no where to go. They will have emergency accommodation, even if it's a B&B for a few nights, after that you'll be TOP of the list to get a place, even if it's a 6 month temporary flat before a real lease can be sorted for you elsewhere. If they refer back to your staying with MIL say due to the forthcoming arrival of your LO she's changed her mind, too much stress, mess, people, crying at night etc...lay it on thick. You will get housed.

I will do they have already told us as soon as we get the loetter to them we will be housed asap, they were quite concerned when i told them i was pregnantand had a three year old too

Hi

I hope you get housed real soon what a tough spot to be in i hope things speed up and you can be happy again :hug:
Katrina

The whole situation sucks but im feeling lots better about it, the support on here has been great and has lifted my spirits a bit.
I think things happen for a reason,so im hoping that my life can only be better. :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back