Feel really depressed/down at the moment.

jendav81

Reaction score
I put this in Emma58's post about her workman cancelling:

We have been getting a bathroom fitted for three weeks now which should have taken one week and have had no shower for all that time, just a bath which DH has to help me in and out of, we were only supposed to be without the shower for 2 days but the new baths that are delivered keep having massive gouges out of them, we are now on our 3rd bath and still have no tiles round the walls so we have to be carfeul not to get the plasterboard wet for the new tiling. I have resorted to taking showers at the gym as I don;t feel clean after having a bath. It's been so stressful and we have had to chase them up every step of the way. I wouldn't mind but the bathroom is being fitted by a nationwide company - dolphin bathrooms - who knew I was pregnant when we ordered the bathroom. We could have put the bathroom in quicker ourselves.

Word of advice - never, ever get a bathroom from dolphin bathrooms, they have the worst customer care I have ever experienced and don't seem to give a crap about the fact that they have left us with inadequate washing facilities for near on a month!

I'm just back from the gym as I have to drive there to get a shower and I am so sick of it. My DH called dolphin and they said that the bathroom should be done by Wednesday. The whole thing has got me really down, I am so sick of waiting in for workman for 3 weeks now and not being able to go out and see anybody. As I have mentioned before all my friends are still at work so I can't see them during the day but we used to meet up during the day in town on their lunch hours. I've been stuck in the house for so long I'm just going crazy.

I just feel so defeated by the whole thing, I couldn't sleep last night for worrying what new problem is going to come up. I just can't wait till it's all over. If I could turn back the clock and never have them in my house I would.

Sorry to be so depressing I just needed to get it off my chest. Also, Emma58, sorry that I hijacked your post with all my rantings.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Bl**dy workmen! I hope your bathroom gets done soon. In the meantime, can you not go for a little walk in your neighbourhood so you don't miss them if they call round? Or leave your mobile number with Dolphin? Would probably make you feel better if you weren't stuck int he house.

Poor you :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Building work is so anti-nesting it's no wonder it's getting you down. Just try and focus on how lovely your bathroom will be when it's done, and you'll still have several weeks for nesting and getting the house looking spotless :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: i'm just impressed you're going to gym.. i struggle up the stairs :rotfl: :hug: :hug:

Gah it is annoying when you are relying on other people to do something that affects your life so much! You are right, a bathroom shouldn't take more than a week. We had ours gutted, plumbing moved, suite/shower fitted and tiled all over within 3 days (an independent contractor hired by B&Q). They are taking a lend!
If there is nothing you can do about it, then you are best, as someone else said, trying to let it go and imagine how fab it will look in 3 weeks. I know it it is hard to live through ongoing home developments though. :hug:

AnnaR2B said:
:hug: i'm just impressed you're going to gym.. i struggle up the stairs :rotfl: :hug: :hug:

lol I'm just going there to use the showers, I haven't been in ages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back