• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Having a down day :(

ButterflyBoo_x

Reaction score
I'm really fed up, i hate my house, my landlord is rubbish, left us without guttering on the front of the house for 6 months + and i've just noticed my son's got mould on the corner in his bedroom, and he keeps getting cough's and i swear its because of that, i really don't know what to do, i can't afford to move, i don't want to bring another baby here, can't stop crying :(

:hug: do u rent direct from landlord or through an agency? I would complain hun :hug:

When my youngest son was born, we had mould and I mentioned it to my health visitor who wrote a letter to my housing association who finally agreed to do a damp course after. However now we have ventilation problems here so the mould is back :/ might be worth a chat with your health visitor hun x x

I would defo complain, if your landlord is receiving rent you at least deserve a house that is safe and comfortable to live in. x

if its bad you can call environmental health and they will send someone round to inspect it, it maybe because of the guttering as this will lead to damp as water will run down outside of house instead of being drained away xx

we've got a private landlord, who's useless, anything goes wrong and she sends her other half to fix it. Theres water under the floor boards (i've been told the whole street has because it was built on a dyke) but i can see the water next to my electric cupboard climbing up the wall paper. Theres mould in the kitchen too, she promised to sort it out at the beginning of summer but has done nothing, i'm really scared to even think about what's underneath the wall paper up here. i've got a built in cupboard i can't use because its smelt damn from the day i moved in, she said she was going to fix it. I wish i could run away, but i've got nowhere else to go, and no-one to lend money off to move :(
i'd be too scared to tell my HV, i don't want to her to see my horrible house :(

if its bad you can call environmental health and they will send someone round to inspect it, it maybe because of the guttering as this will lead to damp as water will run down outside of house instead of being drained away xx

They have fixed the gutter now, but it fell down just before the snow last winter, and was only fixed during the middle of summer, walking upstairs before the attic hatch dripped on me :(

go to you local housing association or council, take photos of the damp etc and go to the dr and see if he can write a letter regarding your sons health, the council may be able to offer you a house x

also if they say they wont fix it tell them you will get someone to fix it and send them the bill.

Thanks for your help hun xx the damp doesn't look THAT bad in his room, its 3/4" long by 1/2", and then about 3" in the corner, but if its come through the wall paper it must look worse underneath, i've just got OH to contact her, and if shes not done anything within a week i'll go and moan to the council / health department x

good for you x dont let her fob you off x keep on at her x

i had this when i rented a small cottage as it had no insulation in the walls as it was very old, damp came through all over, i complained and they said i needed to ventalate it more but i was at work full time and there was no way i was opening windows when it was snowing outside and id got 2 kids in the house.

when i decided to move out i moved my daughters wardrobe and the wall behind it was black it had even gone into the wardrobe. so i know how bad it can get babe.

when i decided to move out i moved my daughters wardrobe and the wall behind it was black it had even gone into the wardrobe. so i know how bad it can get babe.

This is what we have! Its also behind our fridge and in every corner of the house! We have been told its down to us not ventilating enough! We cant sit with the windows open and the heating on!! My gas bill is big enough as it is!
My youngest son has severe asthma, his consultant tried to help us, however Jay tested negative to allergies against mould :( x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back