Power Napping and 3pm Slumps

Rosebay

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone else been having major energy slumps late afternoon? At 3pm it's all I can do to keep my eyes open! I've tried eating different amounts at different times but the only thing that seems to work is an hour's Power Nap! This weekend I've put my head down at about 5pm for an hour and after I wake up I feel fantastic- not even groggy as you normally do if you sleep during the day. I get home at about 5.15 from work so this week I'm going to experiment with a Power Nap after work- last week I was so tired by early evening that I could have wept! (I do walk to and from work- about 50 mins each way but other than that it's basically a desk job)

Anyone else knackered and have any tricks and tips?

+++

needing power naps is very common in early pregnancy,
it usualy lessens for a while but you will tire easily again in the late stages of pregnancy,

I find resting for a while is the only way to overcome the extreem tiredness, if i dont rest for an hour a day I end up falling asleep by 730pm lol

Oh good, thanks! I was beginning to think it was just me!

+++

Hi Rosebay,
I have energy slumps at about 4pm..but can't nap because my 5 year old is home from school by then! Hubby gets home at about 6, usually, so after our dinner I might lay down for 20-30 minutes, but if I sleep all the way through I'd be up at 3am, so there's not much hope of improvement for me, other than hoping it will pass with time! Eating a banana, or wholemeal toast works for me though, something with slow release energy..not sugar, because that just makes the slump worse when it wears off. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back