Having a boy or girl?

meandthebump

Reaction score
This is taken from a website (can't remember which) and will supposedly help us guess if we are having boys or girls! Probably a load of rubbish but fun anyway. According to the clues, i'll be having a girl as I'm craving savoury food, have morning sickness and spots! :clap:

Cravings

If pregnancy has left us desperate for salty crisps and ham sarnies, we're said to be carrying a boy. However, if we've developed a sudden sweet tooth and can't get enough of chocolate and lollies, we're apparently expecting a girl! Unsurprisingly, health professionals have dismissed cravings as having no relevance to gender and are simply the body's response to changing nutritional requirements during pregnancy.

High or low? front or back?

The way that we carry a baby is one the most popular methods of predicting the sex and you're likely to encounter plenty of people who'll give an accurate gender diagnosis based on the position of your bump. It's generally believed that if we're low and out front, it's a boy but if the bump is high and we're visibly pregnant from the back, we've got a girl. Again, scientists have put a damper on this belief, citing that the way we carry is a result of muscle tone and the position the baby has adapted in the uterus. Spoilsports!

Heartbeats

Next time you listen to your baby's heartbeat, make a note of the speed. According to old folklore, if it's under 140 beats per minute, it's a boy, anything above that? Definitely a girl! Your midwife may humour you if you choose to believe this one, but will probably feel it her duty to inform you that heart rates have no relevance until labour and birth when a girl's will generally beat faster than a boy's.

Pregnancy sickness

If we suffer from nausea and general sickness during the first twelve weeks, we're supposedly carrying a girl. But if that nasty sicky feeling strikes a little later, it's most definitely a boy. People also believe that the timing of our sickness is a clear indication of our baby's sex with boys making us sick in the morning and girls in the evening. Several studies have been carried out to find a link between sickness and gender, with no conclusive results. Hence, it's probably best to wait till baby arrives before splashing the nursery walls in pink or blue!

Fetal Activity

Another fun belief is to monitor our baby's activity in the womb. If we have a particularly energetic tot, it's most likely to be a boy whereas a more chilled foetus indicates a girl. As good as this theory is, it's generally perceived that expectant mums detect their babies movements depending on their own daily activity. For example, a mum who spends the day at home with her feet up is likely to feel a lot more kicking and rolling around than one who's rushing about all day.

Your looks

It's not only our body shapes that change during pregnancy but our face and looks too. Some believe this is an indication of gender, with boys promoting shiny hair and rosy skin and girls causing dull hair and the odd pimple or two. However, experts would insist that outbreaks are merely a result of the various hormonal changes our bodies are undergoing and that women who usually suffer from spots are likely to have further outbreaks in pregnancy, irrelevant of their baby's sex.

Ok I know im having a girl so Im gonna do a little test lol.

Cravings

Aparently I should be craving sweet things as Im carrying a girl... I used to be a proper savory head and now I crave chocolate and sugar so this is true for me.

High or low? front or back?

Im all front and from behind you cant tell im pregnant so this isnt true for me. Everyone said "thats a boy" cause of the way I was carrying lol.

Heartbeats

My babies heartbeat is approx 165 per minute so this is true for me :)

Pregnancy sickness

Ive had no sickness what so ever lol so I cant judge this one lol.

Fetal Activity

I still havent felt her move so this is true for me haha

Your Looks

I personally think this is true for me, Ive had spots since day 1 that I cant shift and think I looked better when I wasnt preggers!! lol

xxxx

Well I've gone off sweet stuff and have been eating a lot of salt and vinegar crisps and ham sandwiches (in fact pork in general - bacon, sausages, chops - they're some of the few things I can stomach!) which would say it's a boy.

But I'm as sick as pig every day too, which suggests it's a girl.

One of each, maybe :shock: let's just hope it is all old wives' tales!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back