Have you seen the news??

it says the epidural anesthetic was injected to her arm! the epidural is the actual needle thing inserted into the spine, it must have been the anesthetic that was meant to go in the epidural and was injected into the arm instread probably with a normal needle, if that makes sense :think:

ahh just read the rest of the thread, so the anesthetic that is meant to go in your spine through an epidural was put into a dri instead so gotinto her blood stream where it isnt meant to go! how could anyone make such a mistake! :shock:

Even though I was in a lot of pain, I think I would have realised if they were trying to put the epidural anaesthetic in my arm instead of my back. Just find it really weird.

babsi said:
Even though I was in a lot of pain, I think I would have realised if they were trying to put the epidural anaesthetic in my arm instead of my back. Just find it really weird.

I wouldn't have, I guess I trust professionals too much and think they know what they are doing. I don't think they were putting the epidural in her arm for the epidural but used it instead of something else

Hi

thats terrible and really scary.
i wouldnt have noticed either cuz i was so out of it by the time they were giving me one for my c- section.
Katrina

I don't think we could realise, coz they sometimes inject things without telling you, or they say ok, we give you this in your arm, for that reason,. but actually took the wrong injection...How could you know what's inside?? you just trust the medical staff, it is such a stupid thing to do, you would not even imagine this is possible, and in the middle of giving birth, I can't see anyone saying "hold on a minute, can you show me the injection first?" " where is it's notice?" etc... :wink:

I still can't believe this! :doh:
Mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back