• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

have to see a consultant - why

roxane 1985

Reaction score
just wondered if u ladies ever had this

had my booking in apoointment couple weeks back and midwife said that she had booked me in to see a consultant at the hospital at around 14 wks. i was too sick at the time to give a rats about it lol but why do they do this i never had it with last one, only ever dealth with m/w

also she was doing a questionnaire about having a m/w centre built in area and asked me to sign, she then said obviously its for low risk women so it would be no good for you

im a bit confused, have i a manky body or something lol?

If your high risk its just routine the consultant will just arrange extra scans and explain what care to expect this time

what would make me high risk? ive no medical prblems, last labour was normal and baby was born natural way.

hey if i get a few extra scan thrown in idont mind lol

No idea! did the midwife say if your high/low risk it should be on your notes.
Maybe midwife is confused since she said the midwife led unit wouldnt be suitable for you

she never said and cant see anything on my notes to say, oh well i'll just go see them and see wot they say, thanks for your help anyway hun

Could it be to do with how sick you have been? Don't know just a guess as I know you've been really bad with it.

I would ring your Midwife and ask why she said that :(
X

I have to see the consultant cause I'm a porky jabber and I have a high bmi.
X

I have a consultant appointment booked because I was born with heart problems and cause of mental health.... But doesn't sound like that's you :( I'd ring and ask? Or just wait and see x

The only person who can answer that is your midwife....she knows why she referred you...give her a ring, I'd def want to know before I went!! xx

I agree with everyone else - better ask your midwife, otherwise you will be worrying about it for the next 4 weeks!

they will refer if your bmi is above a certain point - could this be a reason?

yeah im refered to see my consultant because of my bmi and thats the only reason, im classed as high risk. even though im alot smaller now than last time x

I called the hospital to ask why I'd been referred to see a consultant when I received an appointment letter and they couldn't tell me! I didn't see one with Sam, and I'm high risk for ectopic but that's obviously ruled out early on with a scan so I thought there was no reason at all to see one at about 16 weeks :eh: When I got there he said he wasn't really sure why I was there either :lol: We think it was because of a combination of my family history of diabetes and the fact that I've got fertility problems on my medical records, but he just listened to the heartbeat and discharged me back to the midwife...so it could be nothing for you too x

Yeah I agree could be your BMI? If it's over 35 in my area you get referred...Or if you've been very very sick (to the point the weight is just falling off) you could be referred too x

I'm classed as 'high risk' just cause of a history of mental health issues in the past, nothing else, I think it's just precaution in case I have probs, m/w said it's better to be kept an eye on and have support offered if I need it. So it could just be something in your past medical history or that of your families i guess? Or BMI as others have suggested, although I think that has to be over 30 or 35.
Not good that they rushed you......I am like you and don't like to cause a fuss so tend to sympathise with the situation and not stand up for myself, find it hard to be assertive. Hope it all gets sorted and becomes clearer for you hun xx

my god ive such pregnancy brain now, i remember she actually told me why now lmao

its due to me having an abnormal smear two years ago and also because i had two blood transfusions a few days after giving birth.

i swear im amazed i can even get myself dressed lately having so many blonde moments hehe

lol - well glad you remembered eventually :p

Baby brain is terrible - i find it hard forming sentances atm - especially when i get tired i just say disjointed words and hope whoever i'm speaking to can fill in the blanks

Oh dear... Baby brain much! Lol... Glad you remembered :) xx

i was just going to say if you have a high or low bmi you will be put under a consultant too i am under 1 because i have low bmi its been the same on all my babies just mean extra visits and extra scans

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back