Have to go to GP..

charlotteheys85

Reaction score
I've tried my midwife 3times in last 10days to contact me.. and i get the same.. 'i'll take some details and get her to ring you'

i dont even have a direct number for my midwife..

anyway, i've been gettin extreamly bad head aches, i can cope with them normally, but my eyes are hurtin etc, and heard this can be a sign of high blood pressure? :'(

so i've booked app at GP this morning, which means because its GP not midwife i have to make time bk at work..

its such a joke! i really need my midwife for support. I understand there busy, but this is stupid! :-( xx

Hi,

I have had the same thing. I had bad headaches at the start of the pregnancy and they would come and go right up until a few weeks ago. They were so sore it would wake me up at night :wall: . I went to the docs and he did checks for diabetes and my blood pressure but it was all fine. He said that some headaches are ok but not too many. He did other checks and asked me about where I sit at work, which I sit next to a window. He said it might be me squinting in the sun or it could be something I am eating. I did move seat and cut out fizzy drinks and I feel much better. Dont know if it was just a phase or not but he said not to suffer cause they should find out what it is. Hope you get it sorted.

hey hun, when i moved to my OH's area i went with his doctors, they are crap!!! i was getting really bad headaches (constant!!) and dizzyness for days, i had a week off work, i thought i might be anemic but the receptionist said i couldnt be seen for at least a few days or so, i got sooo angry about it as i phoned up every morning they finally let me come in and see a nurse who said i wasnt anemic - ive been fine since, she said it was probably just my hormones and said to take it easy!! :hug:

BTW - you don't need to make up the time off - it is antenatal care the same as if you were seeing the midwife (except the dr is more likely to know what to do) :) :hug: You have an antenatal appointment with your GP - that is all your work need to know legally :)

ps. If you are worried it may be your blood pressure then make sure you are there at least 30min before your appointment so you don't need to rush - take a drink and a book and try and relax as much as possible so you get a realistic reading :)

pps. dehydration causes this type of headache and is very common in pregnancy so make sure you are drinking lots of water.

ppps!!!.. I had the same and mine were caffeine withdrawal (as I had stopped rdinking tea or coffee) took about a week for them to settle and I just had to take paracetamol and sit through it :hug:

I had awful migraines and headaches in early pregnancy my Mum said she also had the same thing when she was pregnant I think some people get the headaches worse then others same as all the other pregnancy symptoms some effect some people others dont, just as well to be checked over though if your worried hope they settle soon :hug: :hug:

thanks for your replys girls.

i went to docs, blood pressure etc is fine, which was my main worry,

he said i'll just have to cope with them really. and take paracetamol (which idont like doing anyone, i know there safe, just like to avoid medication)

i'll just have to hope they go away xxx

I have found that I am so much more thirsty since I've been pregnant so it may be worth upping your water/fluid intake just in case it helps with the headaches. Of course it will make you want to wee far more often too :roll: :D

Aww sorry you had to go through that :hug: At least you know what it is now hun and you can take paracetamol for the aches.

xx

Yes! I have been having headaches too - they really get you down don't they?

I had them when I was having my little girl and the Doc said they were common during pregnancy and paracetamol would help.

I have trouble contacting my MW - I often wonder if she will be available when I give birth (would be nice, wouldn't it?)...I just phone my local hospital and ask for the maternity unit (I always get a response there - even if it is the cleaner!!) :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think headaches is another second trimester pregnancy symptom - it is never ending!!!!! It's not fair - it's like a hangover headache without the good night before!!!

I NEED A BOTTLE OF WINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julia xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back