• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Have no idea what to do...

Gaby

Reaction score
I finished 6th form july just gone and got married in august. DH and i moved up to sheffield for me to go to uni but i dropped out after a month and we moved back to suffolk. DH's working almost full time as a lifeguard and he's hopefully going to move jobs to a duty officer at another sports center soon which would pay a couple more £s an hour.

Thing is i'm still sitting here all unemployed, and i just cant find anything. We've just started ttc, and i'm still looking for a job, but i've always wanted to be a stay-at-home mum, at least until we've had our lot and they're all at school. I know the extra money from me having a job would be more than just helpful, and i'd get maternity leave, but i have really bad anxiety and just dont like dealing with people at all. I can't even pick up the damn phone a sort out loads of things that need sorting. Plus i had a really bad job interview followed by being ill for a week which put me off more.

I'm not lazy... I'm actually getting quite bored of having nothing to do. Its just i actually fear going out and having conversations with people. DH had to make an opticians appointment for me the other week i've got that bad :roll:

Any way... Not really sure why i'm posting this. Has anyone else here not worked for a while before getting pg? I think i'm still going to keep looking, but even though a have great a levels i just cant find anything! Everywhere wants 2yrs experience in everything. Would it really be that bad if i didnt work before having kids?

I got quite a few nasty replies when i posted about my life before, so i guess i can expect it again. Please try to be nice though?

what about volunteering somewhere? I don't know what's in your area, but around us there's loads of charities crying out for non-customer facing volunteers (admin, warehousing etc). It'll be hard to do, but it will improve your confidence when it's not too important (if that makes sense?). Just keep in the back of your mind that you're doing them a favour and it helps take the stress away

If you want to get over your anxiety, try something that involves answering the phone. I used to be terrible on the phone, every time it rang at work, I would cr@p myself. I'd go upstairs to the other office rather than use the internal system, and if I had to phone out, somebody else would dial the number for me. About 2 years ago, we had a bad day at work and I had to deal with hundreds of irate clients on the phone all by myself - my worst nightmare. Being chucked in at the deep end worked and I'm fine now - not too keen on my new phone bills though. I'm even brave enough to have the odd face-to-face meeting now (not very often though)

If you've got good a levels, why not try a recruitment agency? My friend has good a levels and went into Reed and Office Angels and did some computer competency tests. She has just started an admin job in Canary Wharf on about £20,000 pa. Not bad considering she has no office experience!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back