What do I have to do with Mat pay?

nickilubs

Reaction score
Just wondering what I need to do.

I am planning to work up untill the birth (my job is very easy at this time of year!!!) and because I started working there on the 19th Feb 08 then I don't really know what kind of maternity pay I am entitled to and what I have to do to get it. I am going to have 3months off then go back to work in time for the busy period then leaving things in the hands of Pips gorgeous daddy while I'm working. At the moment I am paid at the end of every month by cheque from my boss will this carry on? I work 20hours a week at £6 a hour what kind of mat pay should I be expecting? Sorry so many questions my mind goes to mush when I try and look it up myself :(

Unless you've arranged something with your employer where she will pay you for the 3 months you are off, and if you haven't been working there since before you were pregnant then you will need to claim Maternity Allowance. I think there are links somewhere in this section. There will be a form you can download and print off. There will be a minimum amount of weeks you will have to have been employed within the qualifying period (you can include previous jobs in this) and you need to send off 13 payslips with the form.
I'm sure there is more information on the official website.

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Cus ... 5.xml.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back