Have I just re-started my 2WW?!

Jacq23

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm rather confused at the mo. Here's the reason....I came off the pill May 13th and had my withdrawal bleed then a cycle of 34 days before a 4 day not-too-heavy bleed. Well I thought that I had O'd on July 9th when my ticker said as my last cycle was 34 days and that would have been the same time as last cycle. Also, my cheapie OPK tests had been getting darker and darker til they were the darkest I'd had, though still not quite as dark as the control line.

Being the impatient cow I am, I POAS from 5DPO (yes I know that's ridiculous) and each time BFN. I used ICs until 14DPO when I got BFN on FRER. I waited until 18DPO to test again and used FRER with BFN as I'd run out of ICs.

So I guessed I was out and was just awaiting AF. However, she is still not here, now 19 DPO. But, 2 evenings ago, I got a significant line on an OPK (been doing them for a few days out of interest). It was quite dark, I'd say as dark as the control line when it had dried, but the line dried off to one side though it's now still as dark as the control line, top to bottom, but thin if you know what I mean.

We BD last night just in case it was a very late and long-awaited O but had not been BDing since a day after when I previously thought I had O'd.

I've been reading about OPKs not working well for many women with PCOS so now I am very very confused. Ideas anyone?!

:confused:

Just an update, CD41, possibly 20 or 3DPO or maybe even none at all :confused:

CD44, 23DPO or 6DPO maybe...?! Confused.

Sorry, I dont have an answer

:hug: Just wanted to let you know I'm in the same boat.
Normally 33day cycles and last month 69, this month 39 and counting! x

Thanks Charliebear, I think I should take off my ticker as the witch has gone completely AWOL! She's bound to turn up Saturday when I go on holiday. Grrr!

CD47...26DPO or maybe 9DPO. I couldn't resist POAS today and got BFN on a pound shop cheapie. No AF as yet. Oh well, holidays Saturday....do I take the other cheapie test with me for sometime next week?

I got positive OPKs before my BFP Hun, you never know?? :)

xx

Ok, so it's now CD48 and I guess 10DPO as I would definitely be showing BFP by now if I'd O'd when I first thought and caught the egg. So I must have restarted my 2WW. I'm taking a cheapie test with me for next week sometime but not til at least 14DPO when I'd be due AF. I will try to wait til 18DPO which would make me 4 days late. Though who knows what is going on at the moment?!

Anyway, I'm off on my holidays now...Cape Verde for 2 weeks All Inclusive. I'm just a bit annoyed that I'm not sure if I can drink or not!

I hope that lots of you lovely ladies get your BFPs xxx

Just have a couple and keep it sensible you should be fine! Fx you get your bfp in Cape Verde! Have a fab time Hun! I went there on honeymoon- it's awesome! Also I'm first month off the pill too and didn't dare try opk's as no idea what's going on, just trying to bd every 2 days! Good luck xxx

Just an update...still no AF which puts me at CD80! However, I just thought I'd POAS last night to see if anything is happening and I got the most positive OPK I've had: the line was darker than the control line and it started coming up almost as quickly as the control one. I said to hubby 'Baby-making now, please!' Also probably TMI but lots of EWCM, my nipples are hard and sensitive and I've had a face full of spots the last couple of days. Oh, and a long shot...my little boy was conceived on the first day of school when we lived in the USA and yesterday was the first day of school here LOL!

I hear good things about Agnus Castus to shorten ur cycle and regulate OV. Might be worth a try. FX for u :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks JayJay, I have an appointment at the doc's on Friday afternoon so I'll see what he says to do. Our doctors are luckily very good and down to earth so I can be really open and realistic. OPK this evening much fainter so hoping we may have caught an egg last night. FX for that!

Another update...still no AF (12 weeks on Saturday) but I'm feeling really hopeful about the OPK on Monday and that we BD'd as soon as I got the rapid result. Since then, my nipples have stayed harder than normal and still feel bruised to the touch. My boobs were sore with my first baby but it was kind of all over from whet I remember. maybe this soreness will spread?! But then I had no idea and didn't even test til I was 4 days late so I wasn't looking for signs, I just remember my boobs being sore.

FX as I'd rather not have to take anything to get my cycle back on track. Just one more baby, please, and before I get too old!

I think I will tell the doc I am hopeful about this attempt despite no AF for so long and then wait it out for 2 weeks before I take whatever he recommends though I might try AC before anything else.

Another update - went to doc's today and am now booked in for blood tests next Thurs and also should be expecting appointment for a scan to see if anything is going on in there as it's 12 weeks no AF tomorrow. I was surprised I was referred so quickly for that as I was told to go away and wait for months (which turned into almost 2 years) in a previous health trust when my periods disappeared. I was even offered the possibility of going to s drop in scan i.e. you just go along and wait your turn, no appointment needed! I can't do that as it's on days when I work and I've just started two new jobs so can't be seen to be taking time off esp not for fertility...they'll go into panic mode!

Oh well I'm still holding out hope that I Ov'd on Monday night and that this'll all be unnecessary :S

CD 86 and the witch finally got me. I'm relieved as I'm hoping it will mean things will start to get regulated. But also a wee bit gutted as I was hoping we'd caught the egg a week ago and that this was implantation bleeding. But too heavy for that :(

Sorry she got u :( x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Another little update to say I'm still here, still trying! Now on CD 17 and we BD'd CD 13,14,15. I am hoping I O'd CD 12 (Friday) as had lots of EWCM but who knows?! We didn't BD that night though as I was so shattered I just crashed out on the sofa about 9pm. I have blood tests tomorrow at doc to check hormone levels and then ultra sound scan next Thursday to have a look at what's going on (or not) in there. I would love for them to see a sticky little bean next week though obviously it'd be very early days.

Aww good luck hun,

Fx you've done it!!!

xxx

Thanks kred, how are things going for you? It seems you and I have been hanging around for a few months with irregular cycles and not much going on : (

Hiya! Just wanted to drop in and wish you luck. I'm in a similar situation! Came off the pill in Jan, didn't get af until April then they have ranged from 29 to 46 days. Rang the docs today to see if they will do anything so I'm pleased to see yours has as I thought they may tell me to wait until at least a year of trying!
Want to also talk to them about oh as he has been taking steroids for a medical problem pretty much since we started ttc and they lower sperm count. So with both of us how we are I can't see a baby being made anytime soon :(
Anyway :dust: to you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back