Have I done it the wrong way round?

Saisb

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I don't post on here very often but I always check in and see what you and you lo's are up to, so I feel like I know you all, but you don't know me! Must be weird huh? Anyway, I'm desperate for some advice/reassurance. My lo's sleep has been terrible for a few months, so much so that I am in a room with her and oh is in the spare room! She has never self settled well and I have always given in to the easy life for day naps by having her in a sling. I really want her to self settle and building myself up for doing it, I don't want her to CIO, I think it's cruel and will her effect her. But, I have taken her dummy away first...is this the right way round?

Thank you for any advice!
X

Hello :wave: how old is your lo? I think taking a dummy away might be hard either way round, but might be easier for you to get her to settle in her cot first and then take dummy away. In saying that, I read a book once that basically said take away all sleeping aids and go from there. Does she cry when you leave her or just have a whinge?

Xxxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Olive, she's five months old. When I put her in her cot she becomes a bit hyper! It doesn't seem to matter how tiered or not she is. If I leave her she grumbles for a while then gets herself more and more worked up, till I give in. She been without a dummy for a day and a half now and seems to be ok with it. I just need to grows some and help her work on self settling I think, just wish there was a magic wand!
x

Sometimes when I put Brody down he has a few moans and I wait 5mins and he's off. Sometimes I go in if sounds upset, but usually he's just whinging iykwim. Most times it works, other times it just doesn't and I try again later. Have you noticed a certain pattern when she needs a nap? I put him down 2-2.5 hours after last one (I keep it logged on an app lol). It def helps as he's always tired around that time. Xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had kayla self settling then when we took the dummy away had to get her to re learn to self settle without it so your possibly better doing it that way

in saying that if you dont want to do CIO it will be hard as there is a certain amount of that hand in hand with getting rid , well in my case there was anyway!

My main tip if you are going to let her give out our cry at all is to time it, its so easy to think they have been crying for ever when its actually onlly been 30 seconds , I will make sure there is nothing else wrong and when i knew it was just the dummy she wanted i gave her a cuddle and told her i loved her and left and said id give 2 minutes, if it wasnt for the clock i would have been in much quicker cos 2 minutes was like 2 hours but after about 4 days she is now amazing, has a bit of a moan if she is awake when i put her down then one she is asleep she can settle her self when she goes into her llight sleep cycle and doesnt wake till after 7

It was very had for me personally but im so glad i done it now as we are all much happier

I let K nap in her wrap until she was three months old, then we had a heat wave and it was just too hot to do it so I had to put her down. The only way I could get her to sleep in her cot was to get her to fall asleep in it, so I did pick up put down. If she got too upset, I picked her up and cuddled her until she was drowsy again. It took a while at first but she slowly learned she had to sleep in her cot. I agree with hugsy on the timing though. Good luck! Xx

Thank you so much for your advice, hugsy any mrs KM it's so encouraging to hear babies who have done it and are now brilliant sleepers. I will def be taking the clock to time it, im not very good at hearing her cry !
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back