Have first scan tomorrow - nerves are kicking in now!

PeaPod

Reaction score
Apart from the constant moaning about my symptoms I have been quite positive about being pregnant and all being okay with baby P but now that I am less than 24hours away from the first scan, I can feel the nerves kicking in.

I'm pretty certain from the symptoms and the bump that Ive developed that baby is still there and growing but today I've been worrying... what if its just left over hormones. This time last year my SIL found out at her 13 week scan that she had lost her baby at 9 weeks (the first clue was just after 12 weeks when she had a small bleed on her way home from holiday). They went straight to the hospital and had a scan when they got home but they said it had been a MMC and trhe baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks. Although SIL said she did feel her symptoms went quite early on she still developed a bump at 10 weeks. She put a remembrance status on FB yesterday and I think its just planted that seed of doubt in my mind.

I've been crying on and off all day, in between retching and vomiting, and I'm trying my best not to have a panic attack about it all. I've wanted to be a mummy for so long but I never knew how much of a physical want this was and the thought of anything being wrong with my baby is terrifying me. I really don't know how I'll cope if there is!

Sorry for the woe is me nature of this post.... I just wanted to get out how im feeling (as I don't think my OH really gets it!)

I'm sure it'll be fine! Everyone thinks like that but there is nothing to worry about. try and relax, stress is never good for pregnancy x

The lady who did my ultra sound today said that the sicker you feel the more impressive your hormone levels, and that morning sickness was a very good sign x

I know you've really been suffering, even lately, so no reason to suspect everything won't be perfect x Easier said than done I know, but try not to worry x

Hey Peapod,

Good luck for tomorrow! Like willow says, everything sounds positive for you! I think it's natural to worry about MMC if you're aware of the possibility. But chances are, you'll be fine.

Hope you get enough sleep and fingers crossed you have a fab day tomorrow xx

I'm sure you'll have a lovely day tomorrow, good luck. X

Thanks ladies, Logically you are all right and if the roles were reversed I'd be giving the same advise. I must remember that feeling so sick is a good thing (it could even mean that I'm having twins!Bloody hubby keeps saying 'babies' not baby - both our maternal grandmothers were twins and my mum was told by a medium that she'd have twin granddaughters so this seems to have landed to me! Hubby even admitted that he'd be a little bit disappointed if its not! We will get what we are given and will be happy with that as long as they are healthy and happy!)
I'll update tomorrow!XX

Chin up buddy. I was the exact same as you know. And look what happened at mine.....I nearly had a heart attack with worry and then my heart nearly stopped with surprise when. Seen my baby wave as if to say "stop worrying now mummy". Nothing anyone says will change your mind until you see that screen, so try rest and suck up the puking up as it is a great sign. I've come out in sympathy for you as I literally can't stop now either!!!!! Xx

Chin up buddy. I was the exact same as you know. And look what happened at mine.....I nearly had a heart attack with worry and then my heart nearly stopped with surprise when. Seen my baby wave as if to say "stop worrying now mummy". Nothing anyone says will change your mind until you see that screen, so try rest and suck up the puking up as it is a great sign. I've come out in sympathy for you as I literally can't stop now either!!!!! Xx
First bit made me smile and second part made me laugh! Thanks for the sympathy puke!
My instinct is telling me that I'll be fine and normally my instinct is pretty good (even when i don't want it to be)! I just can't help but think that it has all been so easy so far though (minus symptoms!). Oh well, nothing I can do now. Going to stay up later tonight and hope that I sleep better than i have been and look forward to jumping into Tri 2 tomorrow! Knowing me, my baby will be giving me the finger as a way to stop me worrying! :)

Haha! I'm liking idea of twins for you! I had a few dreams I was having 2 but maybe they were for you! Oooooh :) I'm excited now too. Do text me when you've been! Xxx

Ps....babies the size of a peach! Wow! Never fails to amaze me!

Haha! I'm liking idea of twins for you! I had a few dreams I was having 2 but maybe they were for you! Oooooh :) I'm excited now too. Do text me when you've been! Xxx

Ps....babies the size of a peach! Wow! Never fails to amaze me!

At least if it's twins my brother will be happy. He actually said to my mum last week 'oh, I'll bet she'll go and have a boy now!' (He has had the first grandchild (being the first granddaughter) and recently the first grandson but there was a hint of annoyance in his voice! I just told my mum 'well I'll be the first one to have twins then!*blows raspberry!*). I would be really happy (and then bricking it) if it was twins but one baby will be more than enough for us! I've got you on my text list so will let you know how it goes. It's at 2:45pm. Can't believe I have a little peach in there! I'm gonna finish this episode of Law and Order and go pass out in bed (I'm nodding off already!)

PS. Like that you've added me to your signature, I shall go do the same! :)

My brother has boys and made a comment "bet you give mum and dad the girl they always wanted" cheeky brothers aren't they! Haha! Happyand healthy and that's all we want. 1 is more than enough. My best friend has twins and she says it's easy as babies but they're teenagers now and it's pure he'll. Sleep well. I'm contemplating peeing the ned so I don't have to get up every hour! Dam small bladder! Xxxx

Hi,
I'm sure it'll all be fine, I had mine on Tuesday and felt awful the day before. Listen to everyone who says it'll be ok as odds are the are so very right.
Enjoy the scan itll be wonderful :) and make sure you put up a pic of baby (or babies!)
x

Best of luck today and I am sure if it's just one that will be plenty to keep you and hubby occupied :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Good luck! I'm sure everything will be fine and you will be posting scan pics later xxx

Very best of luck with your scan today , I'm sure it will be just fine, and your see your beautiful little pea or peas , so looking forward to seeing your picture later, enjoy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back