Has anyone tried or know anyone that has tried

Moorish_idol

Reaction score
the shettles approach to conceiving? I know I am planning ahead but am thinking of giving it a go

Sarah

i don't know anyone who tried it but i have read about it.

I have all boys, the first i dunno where i was in my cycle because he was a whoopsie baby, the second we did the deen bang on ovulation and the third, well i wasn't trying to get pregnant and we had sex about two days before ovulation. I honestly don't think it makes a difference when you have sex, i think you just get what your given xx

Yeah I agree, I am gonna be happy with what ever I get but it would be nice to have another girl as me and Sophie are outnumbered lol..

i'm well out numbered lol there's me and the cat on team female then 3 boys and OH, boys are smelly and messy :rofl: I would have liked a girl this time but i'm happy with another boy. OH wants to try one more time for a girl, he can get stuffed lol xx

Yeah we have me, Sophie, 2 cats and 1 dog on team female and hubby, Liam, Tyler, 1 cat, 2 dogs and 2 parrots on team male.

Sarah

Hiya, it is a way that is supposed to increase your chances of conceiving a girl xxx

I have two boys and then wanted to try to swing it in favor of a girl, (althougth I didn't mind)
and so we took the risk of it taking alot longer to fall pregnant by only
:bd: once two days before ovulation, and it actually only took 3 months so quite quick, and we got a girl!!! :girl:

Mind you still a 50:50 chance so we will never know! I don't mind what my last baby will be , I wouldn't want to swing nature this time! what will be will be is quite exciting and meant to be this time.

Good luck with yout TTC X

Last edited:
my husband and I had sex 3 days before my ovulation and I still got a boy, I don't really think that the days would make a massive difference since you always have 52/48 percent change of girl/boy (and I don't know why you have more chance to get a girl but it is scientifically proven ...) I'd rather go with the fact that genes play a big part. My husband comes from a family where the guys only get boys so maybe that has something to do with the fact that I got a boy too.

Oh it could do Helen , hadn't thought of that, perhaps that overrides it like a dominant / resessive gene does with eye colour etc

The theory is I think that girl sperm can stay alive for upto 72 hours in the body but swims slower than boys sperm so needs to be there before ovulation to give it chance to reach the egg and boy sperm swim really fast and only survive I think up to 24 hours so bedding on ovulation day or after they can still make it in time. Kind of makes sense.

Thank you for the input it is really interesting to hear these things. I just wish my witch would arrive (don't think I have ever said that before lol) so that we can get started.

we also tryed for a girl with our 2nd child and we got one so it worked for us. But i dunno if it was down to when we bd or the genes as on my o/h side of the family they have all have two children, boy then girl and as we already had our boy first time around his mam was sure we would have a girl as it went back years. We are onto number 3 now and the first out of the family to have more then two so we have no idea what this one will be.

I didn't do it, but I read a lot about it when I was pregnant, it does make sense but every mans sperm is different.. If it is super strength the male sperm could survive longer than expected if you know what I mean?.. I found it really interesting x

:rotfl::rotfl: Super Sperm? oh your funny Febmum2be

Oh boy let me have some of that! Does it come in cans?....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back