has anyone shared your news on FB yet?

catswiskers

Reaction score
I've never waited until the 12 week mark before I've posted about being pregnant but this time round I just don't feel ready. I am dying to announce it on FB because I know how happy everyone will be for me especially after Joey died but I cant bring myself to do it!
just wondering if you are all waiting or have you already done it?

I waited until my 12 week scan last time. I was dated at 11+5. I didn't tell a sole before hand. Though I had an early scan at 6 weeks, I still waited.

This time, we have told only important people, close relatives such as my parents, partners mum and brother. Also I have had to tell my boss as otherwise my appointments out of work won't be classed as ante-natal and I would either lose the money or have to work the time back which proves tricky when I have a little boy to get from nursery.
We had a scan on Monday due to pain at 8+1 but we are still waiting until the 12 week scan to announce it publicly. Then we will tell the rest of the extended family before making it general knowledge on FB.

Tri 1 is so nerve wracking so with the higher risk of MC in first 12 weeks, I personally prefer to wait.

However, my partners brothers sister (if that makes sense) well, her brother & fiancee have announced their due date on FB and they're due 2 days before us..... I was so shocked they announced so soon considering she had an emergency scan due to bleeding xx

We announced it on Facebook at 9 weeks. (Couldn't keep it in any longer ha, I was originally going to wait Til I was 12 weeks). We had an amazing response though x

I'm dying to announce it lol but I'm going to wait until I've had a scan first.
I've got my booking in appointment on Tuesday with the MW where I will be 7 weeks 5 days so rather then wait a month for my 12 week scan I'm going to mention my false positive last month (I wont say I think it was a false positive) and hope I get a dating scan.

No def wont announce publicly, will def wait until after 12 week scan as we had to have a termination after the 12 week scan in the past, don't want to tempt fate and announce too early.

I'm too scared to announce it to everyone after a previous loss just didn't really like everyone knowing and having to explain to people that I'd had a mc if they asked about baby. With my youngest I waited till after the 12 week scan although I was already showing and a few had already guessed lol

I've not done a big FB announcement, everyone I wanted to tell I told in person or on the phone. Mostly because I wanted to see or hear reactions and partly because I get fed up of FB at times!

I'm waiting until after my scan I've lost too many now I don't want to have to then post I've lost the baby or people who didn't see that post asking me about baby later so until 12 weeks I'm saying nothing

We absolutely waited until 12 weeks scan.
I am so glad we did as have miscarried before and we had told my in laws and parents and my mother in law was really upset about the MC.
Now I am 20 weeks and have my scan today. Hoping for a nice picture to post to everyone on FB later!

We've decided against a big fb announcement this time. I've told everyone I care about personally. Id say it's a good idea to wait until 12w, but it's up to you. Good luck and take care xxxx

We told close friends and family around 13 weeks, and never made a big announcement on FB really. Made a subtle comment saying we were half way just after our 30 weeks scan, that a few friends guessed from, but no-one that we wouldn't want to know. (I have a really limited amount of people on FB anyway)

We've only shared ours today following the 12 week scan yesterday. We spent yesterday visiting parents as we wanted to tell them face to face then text a few friends. It's been far more overwhelming than I ever thought - had some wonderful messages xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back