Has anyone here given birth in Dundee?

moss

Reaction score
I am long overdue for a midwife (the GP blames it on the holidays), and I don't know many people here yet since we moved recently. I just want to know a little about the way everything works here and what to expect. I know nothing! Thanks!

I am in Fife, so whilst not quite Dundee am pretty close, what is it you want to know??

Well, really, anything. I don't know how many antenatal classes there are, if the only place (other than home) to have the baby is Ninewells, what Ninewells is like, if they intervene much with labour... I guess the usual. I am stressing myself out waiting for a midwife to ask all of this. I feel cheated because I am pretty sure I am further along than 12 weeks already!

I had 4 ante natal classes, 2 at my local health centre where partners attended, one breastfeeding class where partners were not allowed and a hospital tour. I was at forth park so cant really answer any questions about ninewells. You can however chose to have your baby at any hospital and i can not praise forth park enough. They were fantastic in the delivery suite and although pretty short staffed on the post natal ward did their best to help.

I dont know of any birthing type places other than hospitals, it was hospital or home birth only options in fife, am assuming this is pretty much standard as i havent heard of anyone talking of anything else, and i have friends and family all over Scotland. In fife you do get 20 week scan but dont know if this same in dundee as i know its not the case if you live in Edinburgh.

So all in all not that much to help you but hopefully it is quite a standard level of care all over Scotland so it will hopefully not be too far removed.

Just joined the forum and saw your message.

I am 9 weeks pregnant and live close to Dundee so my GP referred me to Ninewells. I was there a week ago for an early scan and have an appointment next month for a dating scan.
I haven't really talked to a midwife yet there, so I have lots of questions, too.

Hello! I see my midwife on the 12th so if I find out anything of use I will post it up here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back