has anyone been to euro disney?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
hey all..

we booked euro disney before we got pregnant, when we go (flying there) i will be 25 weeks, do you think i will be ok walking round there and that.. my hubby asked me last night, will u b ok walking round.. i said i dunno ive not been b4.. he said its a big place, just hope u dont get to tired out...just made me wonder.. im not going to be going on any rides.. only the little kiddies ones that wont cause any harm to me or bubs.. and its charlottes last treat as an only child for ehr birthday

yea i went a few years ago

it is a big place... but, theres plenty of places to sit and have a drink/something to eat, so you dont have to rush around.

lots of grass aswell, maybe you could take a picnic with you and have a rest on the grass?

Id say you will be fine, there is loads of coffe shops etc. I absolutely loved it, its wonderful and will be a brilliant treat for Charlotte. Its v small compared to the huge american theme parks, so id say you will be grand.

Lisa,

Like you, I booked our break because I thought it would be great for my two, especially before they got any older. We were all so excited, BUT I wouldn't go back to Disney if someone paid me!!! I took my kids there in May this year. We had hopper tickets for 4 days and it took the kids some persuading just to go back a second day. They hated it and still tell everyone how rubbish it was. We didn't bother going back the other two days.

It's a total rip-off and all about them making money. Even back then in May, when it wasn't the French or British school holidays, there were queues for the very few rides there are. Most of the park is made up of shops (all selling the same, over-priced Disney tat), restaurants and places to stand and queue for very few rides. You wait forever in queues (the fastpasses were longer, they expected you to come back e.g. 3 hours later rather than wait 20 mins!) for rides that aren't that good and over far too soon.

The studios tour didn't take long either. My kids - age 8 and 10 - were crying with disappointment and I barely saw a single child smile the whole time in the 2 days we were there (got rid of the other 2 day tickets when we got back). They said our local theme park is better. We all agreed that 'It's a Small World' was the only really good ride of the lot and my little boy liked one of the roller-coaster type rides, but aparat from those two - I mean, you expect a theme park (never mind Disney) to be FULL of good rides that you get to try out in a day, don't you?

Another thing is that the toilets are very spaced out and were quite dirty/stinky when we were there. At one point, I really needed the toilet and couldn't find the next block of toilets on our walk through the park, so tried to use the toilet in one of the restaurants, but a woman barred my path and refused to allow me (even though I was noticeably pregnant). That pretty much summed up the attitude of the staff there. They discourage you from eating your own food by having tables and chairs next to kiosks and restaurants (most of which sell horrible, fast food).

I would completely avoid Disney altogether and go to the French theme park, Parc Asterix, instead. It's a beautiful theme park - very picturesque, with plenty of green places to sit and have your own picnic. There's a lake and some trees too. It has lots of grass and benches to sit. It has ride after ride, nowhere near the same queues as Disney. The staff are friendly and the shops reasonably priced. They even have a free dolphin and seal show and a chance to meet the Asterix characters.

To compare the "rip-off-ability" - Disney charged something like 22 euros for a photo taken of you on a ride, whereas Parc Asterix charge about 7 euros. Parc Asterix seems to have much more rides - and they are all more exciting and last longer. Kids are laughing and enjoying themselves.

Sorry to go on - as a family, we HATED Disney and I now just want to tell everyone visiting Paris to go to Parc Asterix instead. In fact, my kids even got more excited seeing the real Mona Lisa in the Louvre than they did at Disney!

You'll have to go, just to see it for yourself, but I'd advise you just to buy a 1 day ticket and keep your options open as to whether to go back another day.

Perhaps you'll love it!

is it 27weeks your not allowed to fly?

i been Euro Disney but i was about 12 :)

thanks for the post.. but i got as far as the 3rd line and decided not to read on, as i prefur to find things out for myself, the holidays already booked so i dont want my ideas to be disheartened by anyones bad experiences. we wont be going on holidays for a while so i want to enjoy it..im sure we will enjoy it, and the holiday is for charlotte not for us. a friend of mine went in may also and enjoyed it, she did say the food and gifts were really expensive, but we are only going for 3 days 2 nights so as long as we set charlotte a limit on what she can have im sure we will be fine.

and most airlines will let you fly untill 32 weeks.. i wouldnt fly that late tho.. im pantsing at 25 lol..i flew at 11 weeks and was really really bad travel sick lol...thank god its only an hour flight.

Like you Lisa&Alex we are taking our boys before the baby arrives. I will be 27 weeks but we are going on the eurostar.

We are going in November and are going for 6 days. I hope this isn't a mistake!!!!! Most people I know who have been have said it's fantastic and I really hope it is.

We are going for so long as it was so cheap! The eurostar cost more than the holiday itself! My boys are only 5 and 3 so I hope it will be magical for them. I'll just be knackered when I get back :rotfl:

lol.. i pity you!! euro star!! ahh my worst nightmare.. the flights were cheaper than the holiday thank god.. and its also for charlottes birthday..the holiday in itself for 2 nights 3 days cost just under 600 for three of us thats without spending money :S the most expensive birthday present this kids ever gonna get lol..we are going in october..

Strange that as I am nervous about flying :rotfl:

It cost us £850 for both holiday and eurostar for 6 days but we have been saving for ages! We were going to go in 2008 but decided it would be best to go whilst pregnant than with a tiny baby!

You will have to let me know how you get on and give me tips so I can prepare :rotfl:

What hotel are you staying in?

I love it ive been 4 times, yh you will be fine, every1 who goes ends up turning in2 a little kids whos there! Im so jealous that your off 2 disney! Im going to go when tj's about 3, we took my little sister at 2 and she was 2 young to understand it all! have fun there :cheer:

Hi,
We have been to Euro Disney three times. The first two times we had a great time,Keiran was 18 months when we went first and really loved the charatcers. The second time he was 4 and again loved it. This year when we went we found he wasn't as keen but I think that is because he remembered from last time.I think if it is your first time you will have a ball. Where are you staying? We have stayed on site each time and it was lovely because we could walk to the park.
I think it is a great time to go before you have the baby because its not so easy with a young baby as we found out as they don't seem to cater very well for them-but thats another story!!
I think if you haven't been before you will have a fantastic time if you have an open mind and just go with the flow!!!
Enjoy X

We are staying in Hotel Santa Fe.

Has anyone stayed here before? Is it a nice hotel?

Yh i have is it the mexican themed one? If it is Goofy walks around that hotel! I think the best hotel is the western 1 its great!!

god thats a brill price! we are staying at cheyenne ranch, im looking forward to treating charlotte b4 the bubs comes..

Yes it is the mexican themed one. Can't wait think I am more excited than the boys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back