Hard lump in nipples

SarahLouB

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I was having a little look at my boobs this morning when I got out the shower and I noticed that at the bottom of both my nipples I have quite large lumps. The rest of the nipple is soft and squidgy but about a 3rd of the nipple at the bottom is hard and lumpy, it's not painful. Has any one else had this? Is it something to do with my milk coming in? I've had no leaking from my boobs yet.

I'm not due to see my midwife for a few weeks so I'm hoping someone on here can put my mind at rest for now!

I'm 30+2 just in case you can't see tickers.

I think it's the ducts where the "lubrication" type stuff is, when ur preg the glands make like a fluid which is to help when breast feeding. I've got about 3 biggish lumps but I squeezed one and a bit of white stuff came out, but it's totally normal xxx

I agree, I have these on my right nipple....I can't remember their names but they are to prepare for bf to keep your nipples lubricated, perfectly normal....they are a type of gland x

Is it Montgomery glands? Think that's what they're called x

Phew! Thank you ladies. I have been googling but it just came up with loads of breast cancer pages and I couldn't find anything to say it was normal so I was starting to panic!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back