hairdryer or straighteners?

trixipaws

Reaction score
i need to wash my hair bout every 2 days. my hair au natrel is something u hav never seen before! ill take a pic and post it so u can all hav a good laugh lol its SO thick, bushy and wild! u really will be astonished when i post the pic!

anyway so i always used to blow-dry it straight, and even ironed it a few times, until that outstanding piece of technology that is GHDs were invented :lol: now i can have beautiful hair like everyone else lol

but i kno they are bad for hair, and its alarming how the heat-protection product hisses and fizzes into vapour when the ghds touch my hair, so i thought i'd give my hair "a break" by just blow-drying instead.

it took longer, was harder work and doesnt look as sleek- however altho it doesnt LOOK as good, it FEELS better. when i run my fingers down my hair the ends dont feel frazzled!

are hairdryers less damaging than straighteners, or are they both the same? coz if its less harsh to use a hairdryer then i think its worth not having quite as good result and it not being as easy- for normal days anyway ill save the GHDs for special occasions when i wanna look my best.

can anyone tell me if its worth it? thanx in advance!

i would deffo say the hairdryer is better than straightners Trix, i hairrrrrrrrrrrrdry my hair every other day, prob straighten it twice a year ( :shock: ) coz i never really wear it down.
my hair is coloured every 5 wks too & it is in brill condition.
also we hairdry our kids hair & that doesn't go frazzled like the straightners can eh?

i would say if you can cut back on the straightners it will benefit your hair.

pics pics we want pics!!

I dry mine with the hairdryer then straighten it as well :shock:

Every 2 days :shhh:

not sure what happened to my rrrrrrr' s up there ^^
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't use the hairdryer unless i'm in a rush but i do use my GHD's almost everyday :)

i do neither!!! i can never be bothered, i'll only have it done at the hairdressers!

at least your using heat protection.

i've always been more of a make up girl than hair girl. As long as its washed its fine, i can't live without make up!

When i last had my hair cut i was told that my hair was totally runined from the blow drying and then straightning everyday. I was advised to only use the straightners when i realy need to, so i stopped straightening the hair in the morning for the school run and now a few weeks later my hair has never been in better condition.

Its worth going easy on the straightners unless you want dead ends that wont grow back.

foxymum said:
not sure what happened to my rrrrrrr' s up there ^^
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I thought you was doing an impression of a hairdryer :lol:

After reading all these replies I feel ashamed to admit I wash my hair everyday, dry and straghten it, and have done since I was about 18 :oops:
My hair is naturally a frizzball, no matter how straight I try to dry it. But the ends aren't frazzled. When I have my hair cut I'm told I have good hair for someone who uses heat so frequently. I don't even use protection products.. :oops:

I wash my hair every 2-3 days.. and straighten it everyday more than 3times a day ometimes and its really really split... My hair is so thick wavy and frizzy if i dont.. i hate it :( But iv stoped dying my hair as that was just adding to the damage and i do use heat protection spray but its only a cheap one from boots..x

[quote="poppy160]
After reading all these replies I feel ashamed to admit I wash my hair everyday, dry and straghten it, and have done since I was about 18 :oops:
My hair is naturally a frizzball, no matter how straight I try to dry it. But the ends aren't frazzled. When I have my hair cut I'm told I have good hair for someone who uses heat so frequently. I don't even use protection products.. :oops:[/quote]

:oops: I wash, dry ans straighten mine every day too!
Mostly though now i try to let it dry naturally then straighten it.

I want to see this promised picture of Trixipaws scary hair.

I wash my hair every second/ third night
When i washed every day i found it got greasy very easy,

I usually leave it to dry by itself takes ages as its so thick.

When i get up in the morning ill straighten with GHD's thankyou god. Find mine keeps in ok condition as long as i get trims regular.

Mine got really bad too and had to stop blow drying as thart was ruining my hair more then anything. Ionly straighten my hair when i need too as i now can tie it up again yay!

ive been using moisture products on it and been letting it dry naturally and although its a bit frizzy its not as dry.

Hi

i want to see that pic trixi :D
i never blow dry but have started to straighten as my hair is so frizzy even when i put it up . But i only straighten it every 2-3 days . Havent done it in the last few days though been toolazy but i sure notice the difference feel yucky!

I only blow dry and straighten my hair if I am going out somewhere... the rest of the time I put it up wet (which os prob just as bad!!)

I have to do something or mine just looks like a compete nightmare

I tried straighteners but sooooo didnt get on with them
No wayyyyyyyy

So it is the hairdrier for me

:) :) :)

Div Girl

I let my hair dry naturally as much as possible, only use the straighteners if I am going to work/out with friends etc - i'm fairly lucky though, my hair is sooo naturally straight. It's annoying cos if I try to curl it they drop out :?

I wash, blowdry and straighten every other day. I wish I was co-ordinated enough to straighten with the hairdryer and a brush. Has anyone got any tips to make it easier?

I always used to have quite greasy hair so it didn't dry out, but pregnancy hormones have dried my hair and face out so I could use toning the straighteners down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back