Hair

MJANEW1979

Reaction score
Hello Girls

Hope your all well. I really need some advice! My hair has been coming out loads since my baby was born 18 weeks ago. Im so depressed and worried about this. Is anyone else going through this too? Does it peak? Does it ever stop? Mine has thinned out so much.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks you :hug: xx

It will stop mine definitely peaked when Sam was 20 weeks old this last month it has been loads better.

Has your hair thinned out at all? Im just wondering if I should cut my hair.

xx

Mine is noticeably thinner, OH told me he can tell (and this is from a man who doesn't notice it changes colour!) It's slowing down now, after 2 months but it's still going.

My hair thinned out loads after Lola was born but it seems to have gone back to normal now and is starting to thicken up again now :hug:

I found i lost a lot when washing my hair so i stopped washing it everyday and was washing it every 3rd day. I've been able to wash it everyday though for about 2 months with just normal hair loss :)

its not that your hair is falling out in a hair-thinning way, its just that pregnancy causes the body to retain more hairs than normal (its normal to shed loadsa hairs everyday, but u dont notice) so obv once the pregnancy is over all the excess hair is shed, making it SEEM like its falling out. if ur still concerned or u find it excessive speak to ur doc :hug:

My hair is falling out loads too. It is all over the house. I've always had very thick hair so I haven't noticed it thinning too much, but I find it frightening when it comes out in clumps everytime I touch my hair. I'm always finding it in August's hands and on his clothes.

Me too. I'm trying not to worry but its getting ridiculos! Hoping it will calm down soon :hug:

I lost a lot of hair last year due to illness and the meds i was on. I was at the stage of looking for wigs it was that bad. Luckily i didnt lose the lot.

I would highly recommend having a shorter chopper haircut to disguise it. Keeping it long makes it look worse in my opinion.

Im sure it will calm down soon. Its very common after you have had a baby so ive heard!

Claire x

i could make a wig out of the amount of hair im losing. It's everywhere... all over the house!! I hope it stops soon or i fear im going to go bald :shock:

i was going to make a post on this..

mines is getting silly now too, it seems this week it has peaked also. when i wash my hair it's ridiculous :wall: i've been washing my hair when i NEED to now and not brushing it if i don't go out etc :oops: also haven't straightened or blow dried it for 2 weeks..

i can't believe this is normal, i'm terrified i'm going bald :lol:

i was going to post a thread about this! i have to clean out my hairbrush everytime i brush my hair! my hair is black and i am starting to get very sparse!! When will it stop! :(

Mine stopped after 3 months! The plug does not need cleaning daily and the same with my hairbrush now.
But i struggle with my hair now. Its very thin and i have to tie it back with a parting instead of all brushed back as i have short bits that won't gel down. The front of my hair is the worst. But i think mine was a little extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back